Who here uses Linux Round the clock, Main OS and everything?

Grim_Reaper... quit. nah just kidding, but I couldn't handle that work environment.

For me the only reason that I keep a windows partition is for Final Fantasy 14, and World of Warcraft. everything else that I play is on Linux. I do all of my school work on Linux, and even when I'm stuck on my windows partition, I have a Linux VM running on one of my monitors to make sure that I can actually do work and not just have this useless Os taking up one of my computers.

LINUX 24/7 for three years now. I use linux on a laptop for daily school use, my main rig has linux on it and my HTPC uses linux.

WoW runs better in Wine.

1 Like

the problem is that every update is a roll of the dice of "will this break" and I don't want to deal with that hassle. truth be told, I'm getting out of Wow anyway for FF 14. there is some people who were able to get the old expansion running on wine. bet Heavenward is apparently trickier.

Dual booted since 06, been using 100% for about 4 years, with the occasional Windows in a VM. Altho got a laptop 3 months ago which I dual boot again - just to play Star Citizen, nothing more.
I don't mind other OS'es, I just simply feel more comfortable with linux, and I tell people all the time that I have no idea how Windows or OSX works. BSD for the desktop I've never even touched.

If you have a weeaboo run give aura kingdom a shot its pretty sick.

jumped ship to another sinking ship. why

I love the crafting and gathering in FF14, the fact that they are classes and not just small side skills, and the complexity of them I find amazing. plus if you play on one of the more populated servers, the game has a really good and active community.

its OK, at least in the sense that it's an upgrade from wow. right now I'm on that GW2 world-v-world combat grind.

It's so goddamn fun holy shit

I tried GW2 but I didn't like that if I took a break from the game and missed a patch, I missed a chunk of the main story of the game.

you can replay it now. also fuck the story (even though it's a lot more dynamic than most other MMOs) it's all about that world v world pvp baybee

I didn't know they added that, I'll give it a try again then! and now there are 3 games keeping my windows partition from the flaming pit!

1 Like

with csmt enabled on wine-staging it runs fine on the old pingu

1 Like

Somewhat, i mean i play games etc. on window$, else it is all linux, be it raspian, or my jobs distro, or a VM using ubuntu mate, or what ever, everything is linux, apple is linux, so is your android phone....M$ is nothing but a shiny frontend with DX attached to it, and a paid deal with adobe, and some laptop developers, or what ever to not release to linux.
My point being if you wanna do some real work, use linux, if you wanna browse facebook, and play fallout 4, use windows, both have their niches.

Full time Linux since Windows 10 launch.

First used Ubuntu Gnome, now Fedora 25 with GNOME desktop.

2 Likes

Both are unix based but osx is more bsd. Definitely not linux

2 Likes

really...*cough
lets split hairs.....

Apple uses the FreeBSD core. Its not linux.

And don't fight with me on this I will slap you about.

1 Like

They've been using stuff like bash since ~GPL v.1? or approx, they have since refused to update their library, but their console base is bash, e.g. they can ssh and what eva.
Apple bought a license to release a outdated version of a free OS, which they them selves updated as time goes without putting back into the opensource bucket, dem greedy basterds.
Either way without linux, and BSD apple would have nothing besides a sad attempt to emulate windows on a different hardware platform.
Their "blossoming" was brought on by introducing the public to BSD and linux ~10 years ago maybe 15 although charging ALOT for free.
With that being said, linux and BSD are basically the same, except they have different branches aging years ago.
it really is a potato, potato situation with the two, with ALOT of cross overs.