Which is better out of these and whyyy?

ok ive just ordered the motherboard. now is there any cheaper ram that is low profile????

also I saw this fan too http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-011-NC&tool=3 do you rekon this is better?

If you get modern ASRock boards have a feature called No K OC, which allows you to overclock non "k" sku CPUS...this way you can get your IOMMU as well as your overclocking... I'd get a 4770 and call it a day, if I were you.

I agree with Zaltan, Hardware virtualization is where computing is headed, not to mention AMD Mantle or the RedHat/Nvidia based API.

IOMMU (called VT-d by Intel) is essentially virtualization for directed I/O, which means that it can access your hardware directly, GREATLY speeding up virtual machines and any other virtualization that you may be doing on your machine. It also helps secure and speed up your host system. It is a great technology that I (now that I know 3000x more than I did when I build my computer) think is essential to any new build.

I will soon be building a new computer, and it will have a non k CPU (unless you can OC really high, the benefits aren't that great, imho), and another ASRock board.

Any more questions feel free to ask :D

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1JBYH

This will do everything you want including running 2 titans in SLI.

Get 16gb of ram if you want to run a ram drive for all your temp files, but its not necessary.

use the ram from my build above. cheaper and same stats.. and good company. no real point on getting 1866 anyway for games...

The noctua NH-D14 is equal to the phanteks, just choose which color scheme you like. the Akasa doesnt perform as well.

il get the phanteks as they look better

and as for the mushkin ram its out of stock.So I need the next thing up.

good stuff

I saw a review of someone saying the phanteks can be abit loud.

the noctua has Fan Noise: 13.2 & 12.6bDA fan noise and the phanteks has Acoustical Noise: 19 dBA is the lowest quietter?

saw this i7 not sure if its k going good price http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Core-i7-4770-Quad-Core-CPU-/271284465788?pt=UK_Computing_CPUs_Processors&hash=item3f29d0707c#ht_477wt_1401

the Noctua NH-D14 is realy an awesome cooler, its a good choice, performance equal to the phanteks, about noice yeah the noctua could be more silent.

yeah went for the noctua at the end.

ive got a concern I just found out the g skill sniper has some reather taller heatspreader. will this fit under the noctua nh d14?

cheers

well ramm upto 50mm from bottom to top will fit underneath the the Noctua. the G-skill snipers are 42MM in height so it should fit fine ☺ they are also on the support list of noctua.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34&lng=en

great that wraps it all up .thanks everyone

now I just need the important bit .the heart or brain or whatever you prefer to call it. CPU i7 4770k

well what is the price diffrence between the the K and the non K version? 10 pounds?

Just get the K version, its easier to overclock. because it has an unlocked multiplier. the non k is also overclockable, but not as easy as the K version. the reason for that with the non k you realy have to know what you are doing, because you have to play with voltages and bus speeds. soo yeah get the 4770K. its easier to OC.

hi I was just bored and checking out the reviews of the msi board and it said its a difficult board to setup?iv never setup a board before should I be worried.

do you think the msi z87 mpower is better or the asus z87 pro? reason being as the z87 has a lot of hype going on so naturally that's what  I would've got instead of the msi............

i have no idea where those reviews come from. i dont see why it should be difficult to setup.

about the Asus Z87 pro is also a good board, but im  sure the Mpower is better. ☺ the mpower is concurent of the Asus ROG series boards. the mpower is direct compete with the Asus Maximus VI Hero, but contains more feutures. the Mpower MAX compete´s with the Maximus VI Formula, and also with the Maximus VI Extreme. There is also a Msi Z87 Xpower that board is realy insane. with his 32 powerphases for the cpu. ☺

The Asus Z87 Pro is more a board that is equal to Msi Z87-GD65 Gaming series mobo´s, that are by the way also nice boards.

Mpower has been 24hour stress tested in the factory with a overclocked CPU to verify that its Power delivery and components are working well whereas the GD65 just comes off the production line strait into a box with no overclocking tests done!

All falls into place at the end.

Thanks again

is the

is the airflow ok on it?

and wouldn't water cooling be better than the noctua dh14?