Where the funk is Vega? (Why they re-release Polaris, that's already outdated)

hmm 1400-1600MHz core clock, interesting if that's the case. (700MHz memory) I hope its not server part.

Dang, I kinda get why Nvidia would Release Titan Xp.

Titan Xp is slower then Ti in many cases, not a crowning achievement if you ask me.

Guys, guys, guys, I think we have been missing this

Sneaky AMD, iD, and the Tech media have been hiding this from us
seems like everything is hidden in this area, all we need to do to unlock it is to collectively beat Doom on the hardest difficulty with 100% completion 666 times to unlock this area

I understand that I am not contributing to the discussion, but I just got Doom and found this funny

2 Likes

Whoa, is that real?

1 Like

Pretty sure the AMD logo isn't in the game. :wink:

1 Like

Machine learning benchmark.
Not faster than V100, but VEGA isn't a 800mm behemoth.

I think we can close this post now, was not a good one to begin with and Vega approaches.

I find it funny how the entirety of this thread has been "I hope it can maybe beat Gtx 1080 and be price to performance competitive" without anyone mentioning that, guys, Gtx 1080 is a year old card. Is anyone else at this point thinking, that's not enough? Nvidia is showing off server grade, big Volta, and AMD is still yet to release any competition to high-end pascal. For a lot of people, this launch may just be too late. Gtx 1080 and 1070 have been available for a year, without response. Tick tock.

Here is vega: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/amd-vega-frontier-edition-announced/115969