When are 8 cores / 10 cores / 12 cores due?

While the 8 core AMD cpus are nice cpus, especially for the price (I have one myself), the 6 core i7 are much faster processors. A 8 core i7 would be much faster than the current 8 core AMD cpus.

from what i've been told the only difference between the i7s and the xeons are the ability to use 2 xeons, and since they use the same socket (if your using 1 cpu), they basically already make 8+ core i7s

you could say that a xeon is really more of a server/workstation processor, but really so is an i7 extreme

When you get a power 7. Made by IBM. PowerPC is best!

are we really sure this time it's going to be 8 cores and not 6 cores?

or it's going to be the same as last time when people said ivy e will be 8 cores and it turned out to be 6 cores..

i will be disappointed because i am still waiting! hell i think i might as well end up untill 2015 2016 and still no 8 cores that would be devestating for me

are we really sure this time it's going to be 8 cores and not 6 cores?

or it's going to be the same as last time when people said ivy e will be 8 cores and it turned out to be 6 cores..

i will be disappointed because i am still waiting! hell i think i might as well end up untill 2015 2016 and still no 8 cores that would be devestating for me