What's your favourite Pizza type?

In Michigan, we have a type of regional pizza that you can even find in the Upper Peninsula called Detroit Style pizza. This is, by no means, a part of common cuisine, and it is only a couple regional chains that even offer it as a menu option - and fewer still make it properly. (I do not count Little Caesar’s Deep Deep pizza option among these.)

Anyway, Detroit-style pizza is essentially a type of deep-dish style pizza, but with an airy dough and nice, crispy crust around the edges, usually square in form. Traditionally, it is made with a layer of brick cheese, with crushed tomatoes/sauce poured in a couple lines over the top; any additional toppings optional. It’s based around Sicilian sfincione, which is similar to pizza but isn’t, and one variant has a layer of a certain type of sheep or goat cheese, with a layer of caramelized onions and bread crumbs. A very interesting array of savory flavors!

1 Like

Came here to mention Buddy’s, but Calculatron beat me bringing up Detroit style. :wink: Also love a good Grandma Pie if I’m near New York.

Greek-style pizza is an abomination.

Pepperoni and Mushroom is the baseline I use to compare a new pizza joint. Tells you a lot about the place’s ingredient quality by the mushrooms.

I’m old enough that tomato gives me heartburn more often than not, and I’ve been playing with alternative sauces and topping combos. Still hunting for a favorite on that front.

1 Like

Seafood, prawn pizza

1 Like

give me ghostpeper pineapple anchovie on a thin crust

2 Likes

The ghost pepper kills everything but the pineapple :slight_smile: I like.

1 Like

if its not spicy its not food

2 Likes

There was a pizza place in Halifax that I visited and they had a caramelized onion pizza that is to die for. Best pizza I’ve ever eaten.

1 Like

Just sauce and cheese with some oregano and basil.

2 Likes

You’re so simple and predictable.

I like my pizza spicy.

1 Like

I dare not say, cause certain sink will name me again…

New York has the best pizza in the world
Chicago pizza is gross
California pizza is an abomination
In the South stick to dominos
Europe just stick to beer, everyone who knows how to cook already came to NY

1 Like

Whatever you say, murca…
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Outside of adding a magic mushroom and bazil marigaritia pizza and the trip of a lifetime:) Off to Steve jobs and joe rogan land :slight_smile:

Im still all the bad meats and cheeses and sause…And I like a little chilli melted in.