What's bottlenecking my GPU

Also, what power plan are you using?

You should use AMD’s one or High Performance. Balanced can cause issues

He wouldn’t have that plan yet without the chipset drivers lol. Microsoft in its infinite wisdom decided it’s not an update worth auto installing but candy crush is.

2 Likes

I should mention, I have a missing pin on my cpu, but I’ve seen no performance problems with that when comparing things like cinebench scores.

Oh shit that is included with Chipset drivers? I thought they pushed that with an update.

My God why…

oh… right

Though I swore I read something about a change being made to core parking in the Fall Creators Update

About half of the pins are power delivery and most are redundant to reduce strain, it’s probably one of them.

I’ve yet to see the updates do what they’re supposed to with Ryzen unless if this change was made this weekend.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, I got the CPU at the 1600’s launch and have had no problems

chipset driver is installed, funny earlier today I searched amd cpu driver and the page I got was for GPU stuff

Yeah could be they possibly fucked up but apparently, on Ryzen, in FCU they no longer park cores in balanced mode.

Change the power profile to the AMD one that should be now added to the power profile list and take Witcher 3 for a spin again after a restart let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Screenshot (12)seems to be about the same, also asus gpu tweak also reports 100%

This one is ultra settings btw

Hmm performance seems about right for a 960 at Ultra. Could be an issue with AB. When was it and Riva last updated?

It’s a very recent install however riva wouldn’t work with FCU until i installed the beta. I literally got a message saying the program was incompatible and it wouldn’t let me run it.

So something strange, I quick saved and reloaded in that novigrad spot and it stopped raining and now…witcher3_2017_10_29_21_16_51_839

It also didn’t much like the night time, only getting about 50fps, think the lighting is causing problems?

11 hours later
witcher3_2017_10_29_21_19_54_563

Funny thing is that CPU usage is generally lower in the second

now using the afterburner 4.4.0 beta and Riva 7.0 (not in beta anymore) same kind of thing though.
Screenshot (13)Screenshot (14)

Sorry everyone, looks like the first number by gpu is actually the power usage, the last number is the gpu usage, I feel silly now.

lol That would explain it.

Funny though I thought it was usage too because the first number is where mine displays usage…

All good though. Don’t feel bad about asking questions

2 Likes

At the very least I learned a few things from this and the game IS performing a little better too. Now I guess I’ll have to learn how ot OC my GPU to edge out 4-5 more frames

Thanks @DerKrieger @SoulFallen and @TheCaveman for your help and knowledge.

1 Like