What's bottlenecking my GPU

I haven’t but most of my games aren’t exactly demanding either, the next most demanding game I have is doom 2016 or maybe Wolfenstien the new order

Also yeah that’s 65C not 85

1 Like

Doom is actually a good candidate because Ryzen does really well there.

(Source: LegitReviews)

So try running Doom and seeing what sort of GPU usage you get. If it is really low there it should tell us it isn’t necissarily the CPU holding you back

1 Like

I think that there still is somewhat of case already partially made for it being at least partially ryzen related. The gpu percentage did increase when cpu usage dropped, although ofc the case would be much stronger had the gpu utilization pinned at 100%.,

1 Like

So my doom save is fucked up and I only have the pistol and no upgrades for anything despite having beaten the game

True.

But this is a pretty severe bottleneck. Witcher 3 isn’t Ryzen’s best showing but with much stronger GPUs it isn’t much slower than an i5 at 1080p maxed.

It just doesn’t seem right to me that a 960 would be bottlenecked so severely

@SoulFallen Knows Ryzen and knows Witcher.

Maybe he can help?

I’ve been playing since that update, im talking about single player.

Oh nvrmnd that’s hella weird.

https://imgur.com/24FTlTg

I last played on another computer so I’ll see if i can get the save from that one later its possible that steam cloud fucked up

Also looks like the same story here, I always had adaptive v sync on so I guess I never noticed the cap

Someone finally replied to my reddit post I made a while before this thread.

Wait, something interesting, task manager says my GPU is at 100%gpu

Give me a minute I’ll try to figure out what’s up

Screenshot (10) It looks like afterburner is giving me wrong performance numbers.

This is back on medium btw

@sonicjms Have you installed the AMD chipset drivers? the CPU will act weird without them Windows update will not grab them either.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/chipsets/am4

would that have been included in a bios update?

I doubt it. I would trust afterburner over Windows brand new GPU monitor that launched a week ago.

No.

Then no, I’ll do that, unless windows update installed that already

Like i said windows update doesn’t install it, has to be manually installed.