What Is Some of Your Favorite Discontinued Software?

Denis Ritchie.

2 Likes

You can still buy dvdfab
expensive as fuck though.

Piclens and Rapid Evolution 2 are two big ones I still use that donā€™t function 100% correctly without some tinkering.

xfireā€¦ just kidding :smiley:
winamp but maybe it will come back :slight_smile:

Locate32 : https://locate32.cogit.net/
This is basically my favorite indexed search utility. It shows thumbnails, and has a multitude of options for easily (once you know they are there) drilling down into the archaeological strata that is my archive. was one of the few windows search utilities that could handle network drives just fine. Another key option is that you can create multiple databases to search, and update them as needed, allowing my to update the database of my laptop in a few seconds, without having to spend 15 minutes also searching my NAS. Everything else I use seems to fall short, typically offering a choice between a way too simple interface, and regex.

Fuck regex.

Locate32 has been abandoned for years, but still works fine for the most part. Catfish is similar, and may be able to ultimately fill the same efficient role if I burn enough time fussing with it,

arc linux (one hell of a nice little distro).
elf bowling for windows.
operator linux (a distro that died too soon)

I still have a few old dos games and programs that run under dosemu
funny thing about dos
there was a correct order that the information in the autoexec.bat file and config.sys needed to be written in that made a hell of a difference how fast the system ran

MicroLeague Baseball and various other sports sim games I canā€™t think of right now.

Backyard soccer

1 Like

Silent Hill
Phantasmagoria
Visual Studio 2013
VMware Workstation 10
Fedora 19
The Legacy Razer software

Ubuntu 10.10

Isnt the US gov keeping that alive ?

Which is why Iā€™m glad itā€™s gone >.>

Windows Media Center (still kind of exists but is not the amazing thing it was during win 7, and they stopped paying for the TV guide so you have to get it yourself and load it so its dead in my book)

Forgot that existed. Was one I would go to after going through all the other games on my Hundreds+ games on one CD discs.

Llama ass-whippin now available in javascript!

but for anyone that still has any Winamp skins, Audacious or QMMP on Linux

still occasionally use QMMP with Marshall Classic Stack skin
because Lamas should be able to go to 11 too

Msn / wlm.

QKSMS android app for SMS (and iā€™m still using it)

SourceFilmMaker

Learned my first few steps of 3D-anything in there, animated my first snow-flakes in it, learned about cameras and lighting in it.
Long live abandonware!