What do you guys put your case on?

I'm looking for something to put my pc build on top of. I currently have it on my desk but i really could use the extra desk space. I like how Demitry from Hardwarecanucks has his setup , i don't know where to get that file cabinet he puts his build on top of. Currently looking for it...

Screw it to the wall. Run the cables neatly. It will look like art.

1 Like

I have two systems and both are on the floor under my table because I have no room for them otherwise. What I'd like to do is have them rackmounted in 4U chassis's somewhere else in the room and run the cables to my monitors/peripherals because it would be a better use of space to stack the systems but I can only dream.

Pretty sure the one he has is from IKEA. I have the Alex drawers from there that my PC rests on top of next to my desk.

1 Like

This is what I have. It's the same as Demitry:

1 Like

Damn it's kind of expensive i already spent too much on the desk, i want this though thanks. i will look for an alternative and if i don't find it i guess I'll get it.

A thrown seems like a fitting place

2 Likes

haha

A porcelain throne?

1 Like

if you are like me (as in you have your desk next to your dresser), you can put your computer on the dresser

from

2 Likes

The way I have mine configured I just place it right on my carpet (its fairly worn down carpet and not very tall). The Nzxt h440 I have everything in has some nice tall feet on it and the fan for the PSU I'm using (some Seasonic that I cant remember the model for) rarely kicks on.

I keep mine on the desk behind my monitor, sideways, but I have a relatively small case so it doesn't require me to keep the monitor forward further than it would already be.

Mine is on a old desk shelf on the the floor. I have a tall rug in my office.

The floor.

I have mine on this kind of shelf along with some other things. Has all the ventilation possible on all sides and you can bundle up cables and tie them up with zip ties to it.

4 Likes

Mines sat in a hifi separates 3 shelf glass unit with the middle shelf removed (it could sit on top) but it's a wide squat case not a more typical tower.

My machine is small enough that it can just sit behind my main monitor. The next machine I build (with my incoming Upboard²) will be even smaller.

On a smaller side table next to my desk. Just big enough for the same and some other bits like parts of the speakers.

For the exact same reason I rearrange my room, so I moved the table next to a... Chest I guess is the correct word for it...
In the chest I keep extra cables, boxes, stuff...
On top of the chest is the pc, headphones, controller, etc stuff...
Everything is at a hand's reach...

I put both of mine on my desks. at work my desk is massive so that's no issue, at home I only had room on my desk, my main monitor is sitting up on my dresser and the second one is down on the desk next to my rig. It's a sad setup at home...