What are you reading right now?

Selling Hitler by Robert Harris
Taxi Driver by Amy Taubin
The Bounty by Caroline Alexander

A while ago instead of a book with a story I picked up 'A new history of western philosophy', 1000 pages covering the last 2500 years of thoughts, only ~800 pages to go lol

this post

1 Like

Of Mice and Men

Quentin Tarantion The Man and His Movies. by Jami Bernard

I'm reading 1984 atm. It's awesome

The "Nexus" series by Ramez Naam. Fun read =)
"Ancillary Mercy" by Ann Leckie is on deck
"The Martian" by Andy Weir is in the hole.

This might sound ridiculous, but I'm actually reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. I haven't laughed so hysterically in the last 6 months.

I know it's for kiddos, but who gives a fuck, they're pretty hilarious and they bring back some lovely memories.

Going back on a more serious note, last thing I read was "The Essays of Arthur Schopenhauer - Studies in Pessimism". I don't mean to brag, but I have a mindset similar to that man, and this was my... 10th read I guess...

1 Like

I am currently reading

Assassins creed underworld
Fable blood of heroes
Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power

Foundation and Empire, by Isaac Asimov. I absolutely loved the first Foundation book, and am enjoying this one even more.

1 Like

Firewall logs. :)

This topic! :p

A concise introduction to the theory of integration..... Easily the hardest math book I've worked with, as you progress through math, the books get denser and denser...

you only read DC?

sniper - the book was waaayyyyyyy better than the movie.

just lately.

I am now reading the complete fiction of HP Lovecraft. Good so far :)

1 Like

started on the mountain of madness
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/mountainsofmaddness.htm

2 Likes

Not to plug my moms book, but I am reading her book finally, it's been out for years and I feel bad for not having read it sooner, I am a terrible son. http://www.amazon.com/Burden-Truth-Birdie-Keane-Novel/dp/0738735825/ref=pd_bxgy_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D07R4TRTHZWS59TJTYR

Before that I finished up the entire Incarnations of Immortality Series, which are amazing!

And after I read my moms 3 books I'll work on finishing the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, I am about half way through all of her books.

Hiroshima by John Hersey
Things That Must Not Be Forgotten by Michael David Kwan
The Death of Caesar by Barry Strauss