What are you Growing (Plants, Garden, Farm)

Lilies are coming in.

4 Likes

Well, or lilies kinda started to take off even moreā€¦

Thereā€™s also an Easter lily that bloomed this morning that I donā€™t have a picture of.

Indoors, Iā€™ve currently got a few different cannabis strains. I think they all happen to be Royal Queen Seeds strains, three in veg, two in flower.

Outdoors, not much. This spring and summer has been too hot for what I planned, but the dwarf oranges I planted last season are still doing well. Come fall, I plan to install some trelissing on the wall in my back yard and grow Thompsonā€™s Seedless grapes.

Come fall, I plan to grow more heirloom cucumbers, tomatoes, and melons like I did last year. Hopefully, my melons wonā€™t fail again this season. They all split because I didnā€™t have the hang of watering around here.

2 Likes

Sorry for necrophilia-ing, but what the hellā€¦
I just bought thyme, basil and spearmintā€¦

Wondering should I move them to a larger homes or live them as it isā€¦

4 Likes

How much did those plants cost?

3,50 euros for allā€¦
The thyme and the basil was 1 ā‚¬ each and the mint is 1,50ā‚¬ā€¦ Next week there is rosemary for 1ā‚¬ so I am considering getting it as wellā€¦

1 Like

If you want them to continue to produce make sure you donā€™t let them bolt (flower) or they kind of give up (what with the ā€œpurposeā€ of life being to propagate itself).

2 Likes

So just like the other people say, use the tops parts? Just the end of the plantā€¦?

Mostly just cut off the flower buds when you see them, so sure, using the tops would mitigate flowering. On the flip side then the leaves will be small and youā€™ll need more of them depending on recipe.

Iā€™ve heard for basil at least to cut them a certain way (to promote more growth). I forget the method though.

2 Likes

This seems legit:

1 Like

The method is just called ā€œtoppingā€, and is used pretty widely in cannabis cultivation.

You spread apart the leaves at the top of the plant, and using fingernails or scissors, cut the tiny little bud of new growth.

This causes the plant stem to split, and grow two stems at the point where you topped.

It generally works better when done to young seedlings, and isnā€™t a great idea for established plants. You can take cuttings off of the basil plant and clone them, and then top the clones as they develop.

From personal experience, basil plants from stores tend to be grown very poorly and can benefit from being propagated that way.

1 Like

It isā€¦ The leaves are small, the stem is tallā€¦ I think Iā€™m gonna give then a couple days on actual sun light and then Iā€™ll see what Iā€™m going to doā€¦
Still considering moving all plants to a larger pot so they have a room to growā€¦

I planted 2 palms. One is a dragon palm with red leaves and a braided trunk.
I painted the pot and put black river stones over the soil.

I was growing a tray of cat grass, because the stuff at PetSmart is stupid expensive. But some jerks kicked it over just as it was ready to bring inside.
Grrrrr!

Are you sure it was not just a (group of) cat(s) that went totally batshit crazy on the stuff?

It wasnā€™t catnip. It was just grass seed for low light indoor conditions.

I thought catnip because

Oh what is that than?

I grow a phallic cactus on my home office table, i think i have it for at least 7 years, it started as a little ā€œballā€ cactus, growing up and slowly turning into a large phallus that has since grown lots of small phallus around itself.
I think its eventually going to turn into a large cactus, not sure about it though.
I also have lots of Gazanias around the house, in many colors, originally they were my momā€™s, but i inherited the house so now they are mine and i try to keep them healthy

3 Likes

Well, if youā€™re braveā€¦