What are you Growing (Plants, Garden, Farm)

FYI if you put different types of tomato plants next to each other they will cross-pollinate and all come out as a similar sort of hybrid. Happened to three different cherry tomato plants I had one time

3 Likes

That will be kinda cool, as long as a few are big enough to slice for sandwichs :joy:

2 Likes

True.

I discovered this with hot peppers.

Planted 4 different kinds, harvested one kind from all plants.

5 Likes

it’s the best part! Scorpions next to bells is my favorite crosses

My garden is coming along. Need to tie up some plants, but overall not terrible. The potatos are doing great.

5 Likes

Pictures you…

Pictures…


Corn row ---->zuccs, squash, melons row


Tomato and basil(one of a dozen)


Extreme close-up


Potato’s, peppers, basil, cilantro

6 Likes

You are growing in bags? Bags you have put on the soil?

I am confusion…

My containers are 30gal and 25gal growbags, I also grow in soil. When I began the yard was heavily treated and not organic.

I have ~58 of those bags, and three to four rows in soil(now that it’s been over 5 years of remidiation.) Slowly taking the yard out. I grow hot sauce

6 Likes

You are deep into farming…

Nice.

Having home grown veggies is priceless…

Nothing i can buy compares to a tomato i get from my parents garden…

1 Like


Fresh picks, “black” currants

4 Likes

Having moved into my home 8 years ago, the previous occupants had zero interest in backyard enjoyment, thusly, had SALTED the soils yearly for over a decade prior. It was dense, hard and dead land. I brought in 2yd of each chicken manure, steer manure, hot compost from the local recyclers, and 40yd of whole tree wood mulch, all stacked on top of a 3 layer bed of corrugated boxes broken down. I watered religiously for over 2 years before checking. PAYDIRT! It was black and rich. And the 2 tubs of worms (red wiggler and earth worms) had expanded everywhere. So 6 years ago I started slowly ammending with all grasses that had grown the previous year then another layer 6-12” of wood mulch. It is literally a perpetual compost-in-place system. Basically leveraging a mix of chop and drop, Ruth Stout, and Paul Gautsche methods, I have now the ability to pull back the cover mulch, drop a plant right on top of the soil, backfill with mulch, and add water. Everything just grows. I generally tend to the garden device-free but will try to snap some photos today while I am transplanting a few new plants into the system.

Of note, I am going to be getting an OtO soon so hoping to do some fun tech things with that took. Happy growing L1.

2 Likes

You might find my comment useful if you ever want to ammend that land on the cheap!


First harvest from 3 of 11 potato growbags.

6 Likes

I’m growing a little herb garden with Sage, Correander, Thyme, Parsley, Basil, and Chives. Although growing is a strong word. Slowly killing them is more accurate. Only the Parsley and the Sage are gonna make it. It’s too late for the others…

3 Likes



I replaced the ones I murdered over winter and got some lavender to fancy things up a bit

5 Likes