What Are you and I watching this week/month?

Just recently ripped these and got them labeled. Will probably start with Hannibal, have heard good things about all these shows. Wandavision is a rewatch because 4k bluray was released a week or so ago. So I ripped that. I am gonna rewatch House of the Dragon after I finish GoT with my dad. Then we will be ready for season 2 of HotD.

@Trooper_ish @psycho_666 @MilzyBee @PhaseLockedLoop @redocbew @regulareel

4 Likes

mayfair is great though watching a series based on IWTV, i could never do :slight_smile:
will always recommend “For all Mankind” which is a few eps into a new season…an awesome historical fiction with very nice character development with enough sciency stuff, most of which is fairly on point, some obviously futuristic but yeah!

HOTD is awesome!

2 Likes

I didn’t even know they had remade Interview with the Vampire into a series. Hopefully I’ll get some project time during my brake, because I doubt I’ll get to it once school starts again.

I just got done ripping Battlestar Galactica, so I’ve been watching that. :yay:

3 Likes

Loki, i hate how good it is.

Star Trek Lower Decks, again some of the better entertainment currently available.

Star Trek Strange new Worlds. it gets a bad wrap a lot, but compared to some of the garbage fodderware it is still solid.

2 Likes

Neither did I…

I am watching this lovely gem…

5 Likes

What is iwtv? Interview with the vampire, got it.

2 Likes

I watched Interview with the Vampire and was very disapointed. If you are excepting Ann Rise’s vampire’s you will be disapointed.

3 Likes

the way old movie or this new TV series?

yep, sorry!

3 Likes

I just watched Waterloo 1970 last weekend. first time I watched it and was amazed by the shear scale of the not cgi’d battle

2 Likes

honestly ‘What we do in the shadows’ is probably the best current ‘monster fantasy’ since ‘TrueBlood’.
other than Supernatural, but it has some rough seasons over the 15.
and that was the most painful thing i have typed since my cat died 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Supernatural is my all time favorite for monster/fantasy.

2 Likes

For All Mankind - season 4

What if… The Russians landed on the Moon first?

The Space Race wouldn’t have stalled out in the 1970’s. The Cold War would be carried to the Lunar Base. There would be a lot of politics between NASA and Roscosmos. We would have an international Mars base while Al Gore was President and Mikhail Gorbachev was ousted in a Soviet Coup.

This is hard Sci-Fi. An Alternate Timeline. Very realistic space flight and explores that astronauts are people doing a dangerous job. They may be heroes, but they make human mistakes too. I really like that 1/2 of the show is politics and engineering. The other 1/2 is the personal stories of the characters.

3 Likes

Star Trek Discovery. I was told it would be garbage, but I actually rather like it. Lorca is a great captain, and the contrast between him and Georgiou (played by Michelle Yeoh, who is always great) gives the setting a lot more depth. It is kind of weird how tech in 2250 is portrayed as more advanced than tech in 2380, but I guess the alternative would have looked too weird.

I hope his death was excruciating.

2 Likes

That makes two recommendations, so you guys should give the show a chance if you haven’t already :blush:

I was talking about the TV series, not the old movies that were base on Ann Rice’s books. My biggest problem with Interview with a Vapire, The series creator’s took a favoret horor creation and bastorized it.

1 Like

Qotd and iwtv are good movies even though they are old but tv series of them, nope, not unless the director or all the team making it were true to the story… and even then I would be cautious…

Like I both love and dislike rings of power…love because the visuals, a unique very non canon story though lots of bits are crazy and dislike because it seems almost everyone, from writers to actors are just so sick and disrespectful to tolkien… and worse than say Dan and Dave from GOT, the rings of power team think themselves better than the source material.

Not saying everything has to be exactly how things are in books, but like compare the love and effort of Peter Jackson to Amazon… bleh.

1 Like

@positroned thanks for recommending For All Menkind, I am enjoying it very much. I have watched the first 4 episodes of season one.

@MilzyBee I agree with your last post.

3 Likes

I also have been watching For All Mankind. Tbh Apple TV has been killing it with most of their stuff.

2 Likes

Hows the dark series ? i want to switch into it
currently watching threads on twitter

does anyone got the reviews of dark