What Are you and I watching this week/month?

Link to the series?

Just search dark or >?

i cant post link in comments

The series @josefromeo is asking about is a Germen television series from 2017 - 2020. As far as I know Dark is currantly available on Netflicks. I could not find any reviewes, but I did not do a deep search, because I only care about programing that is in English.

Being a voracious consumer of video, I ran out of popular things to watch and started both looking further afield and back in time. Here’s a few alternatives I came across:

Smiley’s People - Alec Guinness as spymaster George Smiley in a six part series. Cerebral AF.

Chernobyl - A close representation of events of the 1986 nuclear explosion.

Welcome to Wrexham - When Hollywood actors buy a low tier Welsh football team and try to get it promoted higher in the leagues.

The Pacific - Not as good as Band of Brothers, but a solid representation of the largely unseen war in the Pacific.

I have watched that and it was good. Psychological thriller set in the Black Forest of Germany.

1 Like

If you liked The Pacific and BoB then you should check out Generation Kill it is probably the best representation of the Iraq invasion and the military experience of Generation X we will ever see.

I found a series yesterday,I didn’t knew existed, it is called Age of the living dead. The first season of Age of the Living Dead is on Youtube. I watched the first season yesterday, I thought it was very good. There suppose to be three seasons already been created, but i couldn’t find the other two seasons on line.

1 Like

Finished Pantheon this week. Damn what a good show. I looked into it and it was based on short stories written by the same guy that translated The Three Body Problem from Chinese to English.

Looks like a good show. Will try to find time to watch it in the near future. Before the singularity.

I have heard good things about Dark.

This weekend will watch rebel moon directed by zack snyder

2 Likes

I 2nd watched Into the Spiderverse.
It was lost on me in the superhero deluge of the last 5yrs or so. On the rewatch I think it might be one of my favorites. I like the style.

“Do animals talk in this universe because I dont want to freak him out.”
-SpiderHam

Enjoying Hawkeye.

Jeremy Renner has some real acting chops, and the writing team, Really know subtlety.

Not all Brash Avengers and such

1 Like

Fkin LOL " What do you think of the name ladyhawk" fukin had me pissing myself from the old movie

I remember going to the theatre to see ladyhawk. I used my first paycheck as an adult to take my five brothers to see LadyHawk.

2 Likes