Looking for clear straightforward and useful tools. If a path back to Superposition exists ? Please point me in the right direction. I need it for comparison.
Cachy has paru if you’re lazy and don’t wanna do makepkg yourself, and superposition is on the aur. AUR (en) - unigine-superposition I usually install it with heaven for GPU testing. Otherwise there’s plenty of other tools to stress test, from as simple as cryptsetup to furmark. Just depends what you need to benchmark/stress.
Back to Superposition has been solved. Forgot to edit permissions .Still very much interested in learning about anything else out there. So feel free to add any and all things known to work. Collect up a tool set for my basic user skills.
Would like to also remind that there’s a lot of games on steam that usually have benchmarking features built in. I’ll still load up Marvel Rivals or even ye old Crysis just to use it to benchmark certain machines with different parameters, even if I personally am not a fan of modern unreal engine. So always good to keep that in mind and keep a lookout for games you enjoy to use as a benchmarking standard.
Ya….. big RTS fan. Even the old ones can still make modern systems cry.
SSD / Drive: Kdiskmark
CPU / Ram / System burn-in: OCCT
Ram info and bench: RamSleuth (shameless plug)
Graphics: Unigine Superposition, Heaven
GPU Stress & Bench : FurMark and GpuTest
Full Comprehensive Bench: Phoronix Test Suite
Steam Games with good integrated benchmarks for linux:
The Last Caretaker
Marvel Rivels
Cyberpunk 2077
Phoronix Test Suite, has a bunch of benchmark tools, for everything, including Superposition.
What I don’t see is Linpack. That should be available in OCCT.
That is less to do with modern systems not being good enough and more to do with the game engine those use being so constraining with heavily single thread calculations. The only way to make them run better is through brute force of the most powerful CPU you can get.
Since I’m trying Windows emulation, figured I’d test that …
Linux native versus Lutris emulated. No faff, tweaks, settings or anything, just install and go.
Valley, Linux OpenGL
Valley, Lutris DirectX11
I couldn’t get Valley working using OpenGL in Lutris .. yet ..
and
Superposition, Linux OpenGL
Superposition, Lutris OpenGL
Superposition, Lutris DirectX11
You can bench inside of lutris ? Interesting. Here I was trying to do winetricks on it.
Yep. there was a lag to first frame for all the test. I’ve noticed occasionally while gaming. It jitters for the first second or two, the fine. I don’t think it went that low again for the rest of the test, so puting it down to ‘meh, a linux thing’.
I was impressed at the similarities between the native opengl and directx emulated similarities with Superposition. Like for like, native vs pretend windows, pretty darn close.
OCCT is part of install package.
Interesting tool MadGoat. You might do something about the level of access warnings. At least a note to explain what is going on. It will off put some people. Good work Kudos
On my system no perception of a jitter. It is just ….what is that about?
So far…. Phoronix Test suite is the super nerd benchmarking dump. Newbies and windows refugees are gonna want specific common stand alones. I can appreciate Phoronix but man……
Yeah, it is super nerd ![]()
And thanks for the feedback on my app. That’s exactly what I’ve been keeping in mind and trying to do with my app development - the ease of use and ‘windows’ refugees coming to linux. For instance RamSleuth is to fill that ‘ZenTimings’ windows app, gap, that people are used to while providing more functionality (namely Intel capability and a using industry standard benchmark).
In an ideal linux benchmarking app, what would you like to see? Leader boards, the ability to compare to similar systems? GPU vs CPU? Overall system scores?
Just curious










