What are some old games that could use a remaster by a developer or a modder?

Still my favorite strategy game ever.

If they just leave the gameplay alone and update the graphics would be amazing.

Suprised by all the Sid Meier love in this thread lol.

Deus Ex for sure.

Also, there was a game very similar to Banished, that I loved as a kid: Conquest of the New World.

Scarab of Ra
Spectre
Lemmings

hmm ... Lemmings ... must play Lemmings

(welp, there goes my evening)

1 Like

Have you not played the remastered Baulders Gate games? Here:
https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition

And just going to gog.com cost me $6! I had to buy 4 games on sale...

2 Likes

I'm trying to remember a certain game that was similar to alpha centauri but there were a bunch of alien races that you could play as. It was a city builder/sim game where you'd land on a planet and build cities. You'd build structures and place units in cities to defend them and when attacked, the battlefield view would be inside the city and i believe that combat was non-managed and took place automatically. Hmmmmmmm

ElderScrolls 2 and 3…

And there actually is DaggerXL (and OpenDF) and OpenMW.

I recall there being a mod for that game, which is like a remaster of it, called Revision or something of the sort.
Haven't looked into it, but it does look a lot more aesthetic.

I personally want to see a remaster of Pong.

And then never even acknowledge it's existence.

Crysis (1st one) should be ported to newest cry engine

Call of Duty 1-2
- lights, shadows, bump mapping
- models, textures

Heretic 2
- env bump mapping
- bump mapping
- ray trace engine

Hitman 2
- just drop it into new engine
- get better textures

Revenant
- get 1080p+
- get 32bt-64bit (8-16bit?)

startrek star fleet command
- 1080p - 4k
- native support to win10
- better textures

medal of honor: allied assault
- hi-rez textures, better geometry

thought of some more good ol games :D

Escape Velocity series
Awesome top-down space action games that were made by a shareware company that originally only focuses on Apple products. I think the original game still only exists as an Apple copy and was never ported over to windows. These games could do with a remaster.

Syndicate
I would play the hell out of a Syndicate remaster. Anyone know if one was ever made?

its a hard pick since i would porbably be fine with most and would only pick things that feel Highly dated:

-FreeSpace 1&2 (second version included both with updated visuals still pretty dated)
its a space fighting game that i personally really really enjoyed, liked the very light "story" and specially how they managed to make the design of the ships fit into their 3d models to look that it was intended.

-Galerians: old PS game kind of inspired by Akira i guess really enjoyed playing with psyquick powers would love to play it again but it does feel pretty dated.

idk what else ill probably add something iff i remember, but i keep thinking to myself most o the old games i play usually werent much about the grafix anyway, i would argue most old games werent. still would love to see some well made old games remasters like hopefully FF7... hope they dont fck that one up.

Avoid revision... Just use the HDTP and you can even use an ENB for lighting. It looks better and is more vanilla at the same time.

Pack Man music remastered by Logan. Something like The Escape from 1' 05" and when closing in, throw in the drum machine of Slay The Chopper @ 3' 30" and let Pistol loose on the graphics.

Morrowind. I love it, but I don't want to install fifty graphic mods.

Besides that, yeah, every Star Wars game. Including SWTOR

Freelancer...
I miss freelancer...
I miss single player space stuff...
People say Starlancer was also good, but I have never played it..
Honestly, all I want from remastering is mainly visual updates, because I still enjoy most old games, and the others I can't run... So yeah... Just give me modern visuals and resolution...

Warcraft series 1-3

Starcraft series

Duke Nukem 3d

Doom and Doom 2

Shit this is harder then i would have thought it would be

I remember spending many, many hours on Escape Velocity, there is a newer game called 'space pirates & zombies' which reminded me of it, it's not as good as EV though.

For Syndicate, Satellite Reign is meant to be very similar, I haven't found the time to play it yet though.

1 Like

Star wars battelfront (original)

KOTOR 1 could use a remaster.
KOTOR 2 could use a complete do-over, this time by someone who actually wants to make a good game.
SWTOR could use a complete do-over by someone, anyone, as long as EA isn't involved in any way shape or form.

Metroid Prime could use a remaster and PC port (yes I know, it will never happen)
Courier Crisis could use a remake on the PC.
IQube could use a remake for PC as well.
(this game)

Could probably think of more.

We all can dream Halo 3 was awsome