Wendell, Can you please Start up a new Forum

Oh I see. That explains the crazy pricing I saw from the invoices over at Reddit.

Nope. Unless you mean discourse? The forum software, its open source. Though wendell and his team do maintain it and such

Meant discourse. Yeah. Autocorrect.

Also, good to know.

Yeah, Cloudflare is $20/month for "Pro" and $200/month for "Business". Shit's expensive.

0voters

So now we have a giant red inflated anus poll ? Not straying off topic i see.

1 Like

Open your eyes
Look up to the sky and seee

Eewwwwwww

What is fantasty?

224(ish) i think was the price, and that sounds right if they've had to move the DB off the webserver...That'd be a pair (at least) of servers + cloudflare, and that price would make total sense.

I dont realy think that we need to build a new forum after all the work and afford we have put into this one.
However there might be some changes in the near future.

5 Likes

Big dragons like me enjoy sleeping. Mainly in gold. So do we really want to wake me up to move?

Yes ! Not scared. :)

1 Like

Thankyou!

please make a LoL button beside the like, and add more formating features with an undo in the reply window.

You rang?

I don't think Wendell needs to start a new forum just looking at things I think Wendell will get the forums if not the Linux channel and other ones. If he didn't get custody over the forums I honestly don't see much changing in the way it operates I suspect Wendell may get only moderator rights or something.

Whatever happens, I just hope we get a silly easter egg for the forum like the chrome zerg rush but instead of zerg it's little Logan heads eating the site.

1 Like

Wendell has said he has things in the pipeline for the forums and that he hopes to keep them. I can understand that. He built these forums and kept them updated. I'd love to see what he has done in terms of development for the future of these forums. Either way, keep them or not, I know the community will go wherever the wind decides to blow.

logan pays wendell to run the forum, so i dont really care, win win in my opinion

• new forum!
  • new forum!!
  • new forum!!!
  • new forum!!!!
  • new forum!!!!!

0voters

1 Like