Wendel.. why.. just why

Does L1T have an Amazon store? Would probably be cheaper for shipping it from there if you are a Euro.

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed information @kewldude007.

I understand that Wendel and a lot of small simulare companies deal with the same problem, and that they donā€™t do this on purpose.
The market for LTT and L1 and so on lays a lot more in the US and that isnā€™t a bad thing.
These problem happen then, and I have respect for it of course.

The only thing is that if there isnā€™t a lot of market in Europe, there is also not a lot of people saying things like this on the forum.
Thatā€™s why I purposely directed my question to wendel.
As a company he could make dissensions to use maybe a different post service or something.

would love this idea!

1 Like

ā€¦ and your electricity is made by the wall, I guess?

Long ago, under names long since blackened, I too asked for this. They used to run an amazon end I think but after the split and rebrand it never came back.

I may have asked about this after that point too but cannot be sure. It would be really nice to have some sort of way to ship to Europe for a little less. As it stands I am still waiting to buy things from the L1T store because it would have to be ā‚¬100+ worth of stuff to make it any way worth it. And at that stage the shipping would probably go up again because there is so much stuff to send.

I would love to but cannot gather up enough extra cash to drop that much all at once on mouse pads, t-shirts and stickers. No mugs for me they are just not my style, I like larger ones.

Edit: I totally understand why it is the way it is so I am not complaining as such but I cannot justify the purchase a lot of the time.

Edit 2: just as a by-the-way I regularly wait a couple.of months for stuff to ship from China so I have no problems with shipping being mega slow and since I would not be buying the breakable thing would also not mind them being sent in bags or whatever it takes just as long as they are wearable when they get here.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s quite a large European group here.

Regardless the answer is still the same USPS is rediculously expensive.

If thereā€™s a cheaper alternative Iā€™m sure Wendell would listen.

1 Like

The slow boat, drone shipment, hell when he is on the way to computex just throw it out the window and the EU postal system will take of it from there.

I jest but there should be some sort of better way, not that I have answers right now but it does not have to come gift wrapped in a bomb proof case. I have received international packages with PC parts in bags*ā€¦ so t-shitrs should be fine.

*yes really, no I was not super happy with it but it worked and everything was safe.

From my experience from ordering stuff within EU, that UPS has been best option
That said, Iā€™m still Amazon virgin, I have absolutely no idea how that stuff works out

Some others have been good enough, but they change it to regular Finnish mail, and others like FedEX have been just bs with the shipping times, like maybe theyā€™ll only deliver from 1000-1600, or I have to go to their HQ, and then some have also done 1600 till 2100, then like last time, the guy happens 2200 while Iā€™ve been stalking since 1600 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

LOL

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

In that case L1T should open a EU warehouse. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

why not just 3d print one of those mugs :slight_smile:

Totally agree level1techsā€™s store literally canā€™t reach half of itā€™s audience because of this bullshit of overpriced shipping.

1 Like

Hahah a whole warehouse is not necessary but the guy the use for their printing also does quite a bit for other people so I am sure with all of those audiences combined there would be a case for having an EU distribution thing. How that would work I have no idea.

I think Kyle and Paul use him too and they did a combined shipping refund thing where if you bought off both their stores the shipping would be $5 cheaper, noting crazy but nice all the same. Not sure if that is something that would be considered for all of the people they make things for but a lot of us seem to follow the same circles and if that was a wider deal would make things more inviting. I want Kyles CPU cooler shirt, makes me laugh.

They could just have rented warehouse capacity from someone else (i.e. Amazon, thatā€™s a thing).

I think I linked this on the Twitch before, maybe something like Borderlinx would help. Though I donā€™t know if they have any kind of shop integration for shop owners.

Because using the calculator yourself is a pain and sometimes even gets you increased shipping cost.

most plastics arent food safe so have fun drinking trace amounts of the mug youā€™re holding

2 Likes

I got food grade plastics, and it doesnt leak either.

buy a mug from blokker and put a L1 sticker on it
im hungry for french fries now

2 Likes

Is the EU small enough geographically to do a group buy shipped to somewhere central in EU, and then ship from there to individuals?

Why no DHL ?

Same issue here in little old NZā€¦

Though it is nice to know its the same rate to anywhereā€¦ even though technically it should cost more to here than the EUā€¦

1 Like

unless if youā€™re a large company with a contractual deal with shipping companies shipping internationally is a fortune. Comparing L1 which is too small to have such a contract to Amazon for example just isnā€™t fair.

1 Like