Wendel.. why.. just why

Not comparing L1, but the company that makes and ships their gear from them who is considerably bigger and works with many people to make and ship things for them.

Not sure they are massive either but considerably larger than just the L1 store alone.

I know they are all individual storefronts but as a whole they have some volume. And as above a few people here would buy from each of the storefronts so if they were to treat them as one shipping point and package it makes sense to group orders more efficiently than currently is happening. As stated Paul and kyle have a combined shipping deal all ready, which is a generous offer from the host company and not a given, but that makes a lot more sense.

Even so do you think they’re anywhere near big enough to get international shipping for dirt? Not to mention they may have unstable flow of merch due to the nature of people coming and going thus making a sufficiently cheap contract hard to obtain.

Orrrr

Find a manufacturer in Europe that can not only manufacture the mug, but warehouse and distribute that item as well. Finding such a manufacturer might be impossible, but it would cut costs. Especially if you get a manufacturer in Eastern Europe. Labor is really cheap over there. Or at least that is what I heard. I’m not European.

Depends on the actual state, and even then region within the state.

Well even though you are right I should mention that countries like Romania and Bulgaria have much lower minimum and average pay compared to countries like Germany/France.

Does not have to be for dirt nothin’. But 22 for a mug that is less than half that is kind of crazy. It does not weigh that much. I have gotten heavier and bigger stuff sent over cheaper from the US. No need for a contract, is stuff like non first class/priority untracked mail not cheaper over there?

What I am saying is it does not have the be the best shipping all the time, just as long as it gets here.

for mugs if you want them not broken then first class is the only way. for other things shirts pads mats anything soft you can do basic mail but harder to send and price out as it is done by weight and a lot harder to guess order to order hence the flat rate box. one price if it fits it ships which is the preferred model as there is less time spent packing weighing and labeling allowing for larger volume of individual orders. so in short economics and logistics is why its so darn costly for shipping.

1 Like

I’d love to buy a mug get it shipped broken and return from the UK, not.