Wendel.. why.. just why

@wendell

First of all, I really love the level one content, I think its the best on youtube.
I really appreciate the mindset behind level1techs, share the knowledge, do something good and it will pay out eventually.

But please… could you explane to why this is a thing in the store…

2018-03-09%2013_47_36-Level%201%20Techs_

Why do I have to pay 2,5 times the price of the product on shipping costs…
I really like to support you guys and I am a Patreon for that matter.
I live in Europe so i understand that it would be a bit more to ship, but this is just not cutting it.

Also other companies ship for a lot less from the US to Europe, so it should be possible.

3 Likes

Proof?

Inked2018-03-09%2014_02_18-betalingen%20-%20Live%20%E2%80%8E-%20Mail_LI

yeah, and that’s one of the biggest stores (that regularly ships from the us to europe, assuming they don’t simply have a warehouse inside the EU) you’ll find outside amazon, which charges double to triple that for shipments from the US… Not exactly apples to apples.

2 Likes

but still got delivered trough the same mailman tho?
why should it be different?

volume discounts… bargaining power. it’s a thing.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they have a warehouse in europe.

IIRC The products from the L1 store come from a single dude in Virginia. AT least if they Epic John.

2 Likes

Steam has a European warehouse, L1 ships from the states.

6 Likes

The steam link came from the US.
yeah it surprises me to, but valve isn’t selling a lot of physical things I assume.

I dont have any proof on it, but it was written on the shipping label.

Hard to believe you in this case, but I’ll hear you out.

In this case, since shipping is going to cost you, then it would be more worth it to buy more from the store for this transaction.

unless you just really want that sexy mug

1 Like

We all know how wendell has colluded with the market powers in order to target your shipping costs to another country.

Bad wendell.

/sarcasm

10 Likes

I agree with you on both cases.

The only problem is that I work in the enterprise so the cool shirts are not aloud .
Also it’s not really my thing tho…

I could just order a bounce of mugs, but what would I do with it?

Also it’s normal here in Holland to get your package the same or the next day.
I had to wait for 2 weeks for my link, thats why I know it came from the US.
Tillburg as your, screenshot says, is like an hour drive so…

But yeah, I’m just an other stranger in the Internet, who knows, maybe i’m a dolphin.

I was fairly sure you’re a tuber.

3 Likes

Big companies have bargaining power with the shipping companies.

It’s kinda like net neutrality. LOL.

5 Likes

Volume, supply and demand, size and influence of a legal department, sales, and marketing teams.

You could try getting one of the wise mouse-mats? I work in the enterprise too. Looks pretty cool with the HDD diagrams on it when i go to fix stuff :wink:

3 Likes

As do I, and I wear clothing from L1T, RedBubble, and UnixStickers daily. Depends on the company culture.

1 Like

Wearing an L1 shirt on the job right now :smiley:

4 Likes

The main reason is they use USPS, I’m guessing your location but this gives an idea

Please note that the first class L1 uses costs less than the Priority Mail you see here. Wendell and Vermont Green Printing aren’t just pocketing your money with ludicrous shipping over-charges. It’s a real cost.

3 Likes

Something to consider, that I have no way of proving outside of my own experiences and what I’ve been told, is that a lot of these companies are doing it themselves, paying their own way, not even breaking even from the gear and tech.

I think the L1T crew uses the Patreon and store money for content, but I would doubt that that is enough to cover the production and development costs. Maybe they’re getting free gear, I’m not sure, but they build computers brand new all the time and do testing and benchmarks. The equipment they use is high quality, and that ain’t cheap. For the amount of free content, plus the cool swag they have in the store, I wouldn’t mind throwing a few bucks to help them out with shipping.

Just a different perspective on the matter. I have a small podcast that gets around 70 downloads per episode, and I pay for everything. Hosting the site, hosting the RSS, the e-mail account, the VPS, etc. So, for me and my buddies to do a 45 minute recording every week, it costs about $18 a week. This is an audio only, not nearly as featured as L1T or Jupiter Broadcasting. I can’t imagine what they spend to keep us entertained.

2 Likes