Wasabi Mango UHD400 40" 4k VA

Go here http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping and use a camera to take a photo of the screen with a 1/100 shutter speed. Screen captures will not work. Thanks for your initial impressions.

I do have 1 399 and 2 409; I am very sorry to see the new model being <>.......:-(

Would someone be willing to open the back up and take a peek at the panel number?

Not really reflective, on black screens I can see my own reflection as a blur but no real detail.

I am in a room with no sunlight though.

I did the frame skip tests, 60 hz is golden but anything over that is skipped frames.
Tried 100 90 75 60

I caved and got the perfect pixel version. Probably not necessary as 0-3 dead pixels on the normal version isn't that big of a deal, but I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Sorry for the double post, but I found a Korean blog/review of this monitor here. You can use Google Translate to get the gist of what is being said, which seems really positive.

1 Like

LOL no offence but even when you translate that review none of it makes that much sense in English

There is a saying in Fort fluke 'honbap' and 'one of the restaurant. Honbap eating alone, eat a meal, the restaurant does not point to bear alone, I go to a restaurant that one. If you go alone, no matter how cheap the price Ido favorite flavor and burdensome place, tendeyo yen iteunamana gotil one person when there is no rice to eat together. In fact, this story is not confined to the restaurant. Monitor versa. Nawatdago the large 4K monitor matter how cheap handeul, limited space, and if it decided to put a large monitor usage would rather burdensome.

I have the 49" screen version of this, its good, only two issues.
1) Has some stuck pixels on right side of screen which you barely notice most the time.
2) The power OFF function doesn't work well with my AMD 390x/PC as the screen turns on every 15seconds to check if a signal exists! odd I know. Could be the PC/AMD card somehow waking the monitor up? I really wouldn't know.

I have had the freesync configured under Windows 10 to run from 33-62hz, freesync is handy but in no way amazing. Personally I would like it if AMD got it working under Linux (they claim to be working on that). Come mid-year I may switch to NVIDIA depending on AMD's progress with drivers under Linux., Witcher3 and Fallout4 are the only real reasons I keep using Windows, oh and crap AMD drivers atm!

1 Like

The 49" is not what this thread is about though, this is a brand new display with a brand new 40" PVA panel.
The 43" is comparable to your model but this one is different.

oh ok, sorry. Just thought WM used the same brand panels which had all almost identical features except for their actual size.

Is nVidia really that much better in Linux? I'm thinking of making the same move for the same reason once I switch to Linux in a few months, but not sure whether the difference is big enough to warrant it.

You will get sometimes %300 better performance with a NVIDIA card under Linux, most the time its around %200. Allot of people try to play down how bad it is for AMD cards under Linux, and some cards do ok but if your looking at the newer ones it isn't worth it.

They have released a new driver recently but still a long way off. I believe in time AMD will catch up but it could take at least another 12months, not really sure if they will be in business for that long unless Zen turns out to be awesome...

PS. Most games under Linux will not even have AMD minimal specs, Steam doesn't even acknowledge AMD exists due to the driver issues!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm or test if the UHD400 has PWM flickering as the Philips and 399 did?

Not that i can see no.

Monitor has arrived then, overall i'm pleased with it. Coming from the Dell wfp3007 I'm finding i have to pump the saturation up to keep the colours virbrant. When running the amd freesync app, i'm getting smooth framerate at 60fps but I can't actually turn it on, not sure but i gather this is something to do with the Radeon 295x2 i'm using, crossfire is turned on, the monitor freesync is on and the freesync is turned on in the AMD catalyst control panel. It is very big on the desk, but i wanted the screen real estate over a 31" monitor. Text is perfectly clear and as per DaTech comments it is RGB.

On the front of the panel bottom right corner it states USB 3.0 x 3 however I cannot see any USB 3 ports anywhere, can anyone else confirm no USB 3?

I had some issues when playing this 4K 60fps video full screen,

however it turned out to be Firefox and nothing else, opened it with Chromw and bingo no stuttering.

Any other questions am happy to help.

Thanks

1 Like

Any one from the UK care to share how much the customs/tax was on this?

£47.17 , less than i expected :)

Was it via UPS, and did you have to pay at the door or through an invoice?

via UPS, pay at the door on delivery, ordered mine Friday was at my door Monday afternoon. nuts!

How is the up-scaling on this monitor? (I plan to run games in 1080p until I upgrade my GPU).

Thanks in advance.