Wasabi Mango UHD 400 Review | Level One Techs

Hi everyone! I've been using this monitor for half a year. I'm happy with it and I would probably buy it again, but there is one annoying thing. It's nowhere close to PWM free. Even at 100% of brightness, some images blink. One example is the default vertical scrollbar in xterm: sample screenshot found on the internet

Do the scrollbars blink on other otherwise okay monitors if you watch this image at 100%? I'm just curious if this happens only on mine.

Interesting. I will test later. Try disabling sharpening or image processing in the menus?
I get weird flickering on scroll with moire patterns as shown in the video but otherwise its fine when the image is static.

Thanks for the quick reply! The effect is way less visible with "Color bypass" set to "on." (This mode is not acceptable for other reasons though.)

By the way, an xterm screenshot on wikipedia displays this effect as well.

I'm trying to decide between the Wasabi Mango UHD 400 and the Samsung UN40KU6300. Any suggestions ?

Haven't used the samsung but got burned when I bought the U28D590D. The UN40KU6300 -- thats a TV no displayport input though? The DP input is pretty nice. The ultrawide 3440x1440 is nice if that's your thing and you want a high refresh rate.

I was told by my supplier that their manufacturing contact is finally taking my requests for a 27" 2560x1440 144hz monitor seriously and they cooked one up due out early next year. So we'll see about that one.

I decided on the UHD 400. I'm planning on mounting it to my monitor arm but I'm not sure if it would be too heavy? I have the Ergotron LX Dual Side-by-Side Arm. Do you think it would work? Also I know I'll need some kind of adapter. What are those really nice monitor arms you use?

Spaceco and thats probably too heavy for the dual side by side arm unless you get an adapter that has the one monitor supported by both arms?
we had to get special spaceco arms for our uhd400s

Hey fellas, do you think the Mango UHD400 is a good screen to delit? I don't like the glossy glass in general. I prefer the normal 'matte' display look. So I was thinking about getting a UHD400 after all, because Wendel likes in his review and its RGB and it's a big display.

As for the glossy part, it is semi-glossy, so you have to be careful, where you put lights behind you.

Other than that, I've had it for eight months or so, and I like it. It's far from perfect (read through this entire thread and another one here about this monitor) but I can live with the shortcomings.

You cannot remove the gloss on this one it is plastic not glass and fused with the polarization filter. The gloss isn't awful it's in-between MacBook whatever and Dells business class lcd matte