Vivaldi (From the OG Creators of Opera): Out of Beta and 1.0 Stable Released to the Public

Touch features is naturally supported on Chrome so it's not surprising, the only place I've seen touch features broken on is firefox.

Ewwww touch screen monitors.
btw I use hulu on Vivaldi.

no appearance section?

thanks to Windows 8 and Windows 10 damn near all laptops have touch screens. Even some of the chromebooks have touch screens.

oh that! I thought you were talking about Linux settings.

Well, why buy those. MSI has plenty of non-touch screen laptops.

Because it's a necessity. even if it's not a tablet sometimes you just get lazy and just use the touch screen.

I dont understand, but hey if you want, you do you.

All the developers of these D.Es need to get with the times already, almost all devices have a touch screen now, might as well take advantage of it.

Just so long as there is an option for us non touch screen peeps.

That's what Windows 10 did. Canonical is taking took too long to bring it to Ubuntu.

AMAGAD. It actually updated for the first time through the terminal. Not sure why before it would throw error about some public PGP key that is missing.

The AA on the text is a tad much. Look at the difference between the top-center webpage title display and the tabs.

That because you didnt have the vivaldi gpg key saved. It asked you to verify it to ensure its coming from where it should be. So if the repo changed to a rouge repo it would say the key changed.

1 Like

There any way to get themes for web sites in vavaldi? Looking at reddit and stuff is like staring at an LED floodlight. Oh wait I think I can just install stylish. I just realized it supported chrome extensions.

You can't rip tabs off with the mouse to create a new Window. I was quite fond of that feature.

I liked Vivaldi since 1st technical preview. It is probably the only browser that has a proper speed-dial. It looks better than FF and has a proper bookmarking system.

I think the downfall of Opera happened the day they switched from Presto to blink engine. It was just really plain and most of the functions were missing. And now that Opera has been sold to chinese consortium, it is completely dead to me. I uninstalled it from all my computers.

Although the Opera Turbo function was very useful. I wonder if vivaldi will have this too at some point.

I've been a big fan of Vivaldi since I first found out about it as I was a big fan of Opera before they went Chromium-based. Vivaldi reminds me a lot of that version of Opera.

A nifty feature that I found out accidentally today was that you can drag and drop a webpage from Firefox into Vivaldi, cloning the page. I can't see myself using that frequently but it's pretty neat.

Interestingly, Tidal says it's designed to be compatible with only Chrome for Hi-fi audio (other than their own application) but it's not compatible with Vivaldi. Is that a difference in software or how the browser identifies itself? Chrome plugins seem to work fine.

I've tried this browser for an hour and I really love it! Also works great on my surface when using it with the touchscreen(something FF didn't beacuse everything was so damn small and touch support was quite crappy)

I'm just wondering about privacy, but this browser just uses the same engine as chrome, right? So I don't have to worry about Google recording everything I do?

And about scaling, ui text becomes quite blurry when down scaling for me.

It's based on Chromium which is the Open Source version of Chrome. it has nothing to do with Google. though be aware this browser is NOT open source. it's Closed Source Free-ware.