Vivaldi (From the OG Creators of Opera): Out of Beta and 1.0 Stable Released to the Public

you would have to check the repos of the distro you're using but I've checked Arch, Ubuntu, and Debian and it's there.

Is it installed as a repo or individual package? If they dont provide a repo, it needs to be updated manually.

Its not currently in rpmfusion, so not available for Fedora on a repo. Interesting that debian has it..

I wish it would let you scale the UI. It's so...big. it's got a minimalistic style but the UI takes up so much space.

EDIT: nevermind. Downloaded. Scales pretty well on my ultrawide

Settings > Appearance > user interface zoon

@Grim_Reaper vivaldi provide a repo, at least they do with version 1.0. That should update for you.

I hadn't tried it since it was first announced. I just redownloaded it

It's based on Chromium which = Chrome, so expect a similar experience.

Been using it since alpha.
Love it!

Do they provide the sources for the open parts they use/modify?

Not sure, it supports Open source plugins cause from What I've seen flash doesn't work out the box (as expected on Linux)

Which you can solve with Chromium-pepper-flash and the libav plugin.

This browser is so fucking sexy. Chrome/Vivaldi is like Vista/Win 10 in terms of appearance.

1 Like

Maybe if i found win 10 sexy....
Vivaldi is, but win 8+? eww.

Flash isnt so important for me, i almost never use it.

I'm *contrasting the the fluffy icons and interface of pre-win 10 to the clean flat look of 10

So if that's the case then you shouldn't have an issue with Vivaldi, but if you have to use flash (Hulu won't get with the times) you may run into some problems. Also a minor problem, I don't know how to get 1080p content working on any browser that isn't Firefox.

True, i get your point, but man Deepin would be a better comparison.

Deepin is if Unix and Windows had a love child. the only thing about Deepin is that the lack of touch support.

vivaldi is missing different options for me no h264 options. Firefox has it all i think mainly from ffmpeg gstreamer and about:config changes.

When i go into the settings Appearance section is not there.

This gestures feature is really satisfying. I could get used to it