User avatars are 404ing

It’s not working now on Android Chrome in “pwa mode”

Edit: unless trooperish has decided to troll.

1 Like

Looks like a regular letter avatar URL to me. My guess is the Discourse folks added a redirect to their new avatar server (which they should have done in the first place) and users that were cached before that time are still 404’ing, while users that didn’t login until after that change work. Restarting the forum would fix that.

1 Like

Well, I only followed @Goalkeeper ‘s instructions…
On the plus side, it’s a good opportunity to think of a new avatar to upload …

2 Likes

I’m such a positive influence. :smiley:

2 Likes

You evil scheming fluffball

3 Likes

Now for users who are using the letters, their avi does not show anything at all, and they do not respond to being hovered over. Before, avi’s used to at least show a border.

For example, if you are under the topic view and see this thread, Aversion to RAID - what is the reality and what are other solutions?, you can not see any avi, and you can move your mouse across the entire area, where users avi’s are, and the cursor does not change to a hand.

And for this thread, it looks as if Wendell is the creator of the thread, when he isn’t, just because the op has a letter system assigned avi. Random freezes on Ryzen in Linux, even if Linux is in VM

Shrug, 2 second fix for an admin. They must all be on vacation or hella-busy or something.

1 Like

Maybe they died.

1 Like

Well it’s not like it’s a high priority issue or anything. Even if the forum went down entirely, it isn’t a revenue generator.

This issue still pre exists.
Not every discourse update is an improvement obviously.

1 Like

Quite the contrary.

1 Like

Please run:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app
1 Like

Maybe it is just time to urge users to set their own profile picture?

Maybe this is not broken, maybe this is all part of

THE VISION

5 Likes

Discourse is playing that 4D chess.

I’ll give you a vision, buddy.

Yeah, I said that weeks back, homie. Admins ain’t home.

1 Like

Every Discourse update gives us the vision, if we want or not.

@admins pls do this

@wendell

Please help, you are one of our only hopes.

2 Likes

Praise the vision