Ubuntu Gnome 14.10...cannot even select menu tabs in programs

The subtle superiority complex of a Linux elitist. Gotta love it.

@Shukaze You are more than welcome to discuss your issues in the Tek IRC. Also, Tek Syndicate forums is not the only resource and location with people who can help you resolve your issue. Maybe this year is the year of the Linux desktop? Don't hold your breath or wait. I would put money that you can resolve your issue or possibly not even have an issue on a different distro. Ubuntu is nice for what it is but there are many other distros with other repositories that may work for you.

@RH00D If you wish to read it in that light that's on you. I have only used Linux as a daily driver for 2 months now... I have had a few issues myself, but with some effort, ingenuity, and persistence I solved them. Some people don't have the time for that in their lives, and that's okay. I only recently grew tired of the games I was playing and have for the past few months replaced that time in teaching myself more about Linux. Now that I've got a stable system I have been playing games on Linux :D

I see where your coming from and I agree with you, it's just if you were going through what I've gone through with extensive troubleshooting and then you see that it cannot be fixed (or a fix has not been discovered yet), you'll be frustrated too. I know there are other sources but I figured that I first try the tek syndicate forum first before the other based on what I have currently installed.

I know linux is finicky with nearly everything you have it on, I know that is requires a lot of patience to operate through the issues that pop up...I'm just here to see if it can be a replacement for my windows installation since I too like how linux is. I'll try the IRC and see if I can get some help there, if not then I'll try other sources. As for a distro, the ubuntu gnome 14.10 is the most stable linux os on my current setup so I'll endeavor on that.

well linux can be a real bitch sometimes and from what I've learned if you want to install a deb install gedebi [ sudo apt-get install gdebi ] right click on a deb go to properties and set gdebi as defualt. also do all your updates and upgrades (upgrade is installing updates) via the terminal. I've had the auto updates screw me over more then once [ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade ] if you don't want to use sudo all the time then type sudo -i then you can leave it out after that ( for that session ) as for ati drivers for the love of god don't use the additional drivers automated in software sources section I've had poor luck with that also. I recommed going to amd's website and just downloading the driver bin. they have instructions on how installing it