Tyan S8030GM2NE M.2 Mounting Hardware

Hi All,

I have a Tyan S8030GM2NE motherboard that I got from Ebay. The mounting hardware for the M.2 drives appears to not be what came with the motherboard from the factory. The mounting hardware I received barely holds the M.2 drives and they are now falling out if anything bumps the server. They look like flimsy dark plastic pushpin holders. These do not stay firm inside the mounting holes on the motherboard. Does anyone know where I can buy the original mounting hardware for this motherboard to hold in the M.2 drives? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Curious, do they look like this?

This is a picture of what they look like:

Oh, yeah those are Asus M.2 anchors I think. Or a knockoff of said.

Afraid I can’t find anywhere immediately to order the correct ones. Best bet probably to phone Tyan - part number is 340T61500007, or apparently Dell DHR6X also works (Tyan S8030GM2NE | ServeTheHome Forums).

I’m not sure the original ones are really any better though (Tyan S8030 m.2 Clip latch issues) so it might be worth just fabricating something out of nylon washers and some little machine screws. Or just add a small washer onto the bottom of those Asus ones.

Thanks ScottishTom for all the advice on this, I will look into those parts. I will update this thread if I come up with a solution that works well. I might also look into 3D printing a mount if I can find a good part online.

1 Like