Tyan S8030 m.2 Clip latch issues

I was wondering if someone more versed in reading these things could help. I have this Front panel header

I can tell that 11/13 is frot power button, and 15/17 is Reset button. But which one is the Power Light +/- I think + is pin 1, and not sure where ‘-’ would go. in 3 there is no pin.

Additionally, and maybe this should be a seperate post, I’ve been having a Heck of a time with the M.2 latches

This a Tomcat HX Tyan S8030 for reference.

The M.2’s keep popping out, is there something I can use in its place, or anyone know a trick I am not getting?

Pin 5 is where the other would go, often front power LED is/was a 3 pin with a blank in the middle

Can’t help with M.2, but are you sure you’re pushing them in all the way?

Thanks on the Pin, with the m.2 I am reasonably sure I am pushing it all the way, in, but I’ve tried a few times and this is as deep as it goes.

Does it seem like its not clipping all the way? Like maybe your drives are too thick for the clips

That might be it, I was thinking someone here might had experience with adding a normal m.2 stud in here to screw it in, Just not sure about the hole itself, thinking washers on it.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.