Twitch streaming help

Alright so since I can’t find a job I figured I would try streaming, and holy fuck was this a mistake but fuck it I’m already balls deep.

The problem I’m having is that every service that tests my stream says it’s fine but when I try to watch it to see if it is working right it is constantly freezing or lagging.

Internet test

R1CH_TL stream test

Twitch Inspector Results

So is something wrong or can other people view it just fine, and I’m the only one having problems viewing my stream?

Here is a link to the stream if that helps: https://www.twitch.tv/joelbanks5
Also, the stream is like so far behind for some reason?

Stream is offline right now.

just a little side bar, are you using an intermediate services to stream to then send that to Twitch. If I understand some people that I know that do this full time, that is what they do using streamlabs and other services. I think Twitch only offers something similar if you are a partner. I could be wrong here as I have never done this except with a PS4 a hand full of times.

For whatever reason when I played with OBS recording the screen the game just felt off, like weird, idk why because res was same, fps was same, and ping was same. SO I turned off the stream

Until I figure out how to get it all working properly I won’t stream games, just client, but that should be fine to see if it lags or freezes for anyone else

You know there are bijillion things to streaming, yes?
CPU especially. What’s your hardware, cause if the system can’t keep up then no amount of internet speed will help you.
What you see as a streamer doesn’t necessarily represent what the viewers are seeing. When you play your framerate doesn’t matter to the viewer and when you view you give extra weight on your system to pull. You now have to run the game, encode the video, send it to twitch, call twitch back, get the video back, decode it, etc etc…
So either way you may not see what the viewers will see…

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Joelbanks5/saved/#view=rBJQzy

What settings are you streaming with?

And did you try dropping the stream quality right down?

Second that. You might want to check out Epos Vox on Youtube. He does a good job in testing different settings for best quality and performance. Here’s his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EposVox

You’re not going to be able to software encode with that and get decent frame rates. Use NVENC so the GPU can do the heavy lifting instead.

5 Likes

Good call. 4 core CPUs will struggle with modern triple-Ä games alone, hammering them with a stream will end in tears.

2 Likes

I have had a play with single pc streaming on various platforms and 2 things are screaming at me when I see your pc partpicker.
1 you have a quad core cpu
2 you have a relatively old gpu
That said ive seen decent 720p streams on quad cores with similar gpus.

Things to set up/ tweak are bit rate and encoder. 6000 for 720p 30 is more than enough, 8000+ for 1080p
I think with encoding you need to be on nvenc as cpu doesn’t have the threads IMO

When watching the stream do it on a phone or tablet and not the pc running obs and the game

Difficult to say anything else without more info and seeing the stream live

1 Like

Yep started doing that after I saw the benefits last night

GPU isn’t a problem, still more than enough for almost all games with plenty of vram left over

That is certainly next up on my pc to upgrade

What do you mean by this, like on twitch itself?

Settings

Also one thing for everyone to keep in mind, I’m streaming league of legends, not a very demanding game

sorry, not a streamer, but on YT you can choose what quality to send/transmit on?
like streaming in 720 or another lower level, in case that is a bottleneck

1 Like

Oh yeah I turned that down, on my last post in the settings hidden details thing it has snips of the settings I’m streaming with

1 Like

I mean, 13mbps should be fine for 720, maybe even 1080, but might depend on overall load.

Also if you are gaming, there might be constant, low bandwidth messages jamming up the queue?

You have like 500mb/s down, which is super wicked, I’m really jealous, but the 13mbps up might be the decider?

I’m new to this so idk exactly how the help stuff works on the twitch inspector so idk if this is specifically for my stream or if this was an example from someone else’s but heres what the help guide shows me when I click on one of my streams:

Long bois comin up

1 Like

league most certainly can be demanding.

just loading minions can tank frame times to something silly if you have your quality maxed… but lets stick with it the way it is and see what it looks like now.

My frames have never gone below 200 (both my monitors only have 144Hz though) with all settings maxed on 4k

I’ll start the stream up in a minute so you can see how it looks

Wow yall were right, I’m a retard, I’m watching this on my phone and not my pc and it looks fine

Thing is with Intel: The FPS the streamer gets, are good. The FPS the viewers get are not fine.

GN Benchmark video on the subject:

2 Likes