Twitch streaming help

I’ll do trial and error while streaming a game to find out what I can do now that I know I can watch it like a normal viewer on my phone

Now it’s just figuring out the ins and outs of obs and setting up my twitch to actually look proper

2 Likes

Nice to see everyone helping out. When I started learning a couple months ago I had similar issues. Tried asking here, but I didn’t know what to ask.

Signing in on twitch with obs is pretty good. Adding the new streamer panel is cool too. It has buttons for clips, markers and stream info.

If you are planning on archiving your streams for youtube or compilations, make sure you enable stream archiving.

Free accounts get 2 weeks before it is deleted. You can save the entire stream with the highlighter tool from the video producer dashboard.

Mention me @BedHedd or send me a dm on discord if you need anymore help

Just to add regarding bit rate.
I found using too high bit rate made the stream unwatchable on a lot of phones/tablets.
I found 6000 bit rate good for 720p 30 on nvenc and I found 8000 to be good for 1080p 30
So with that in mind the 13 you have up should be no problem.

Regarding the GPU im not knocking what you have im just not sure how good the nvenc is on that model. I know its decent on 10 series and great on 20 series but I never tried on a 900 series which is why I mentioned its age.

my current settings is 720p @60 fps and a bitrate of 3750

I watch my stream on my phone at this and it was good the whole time, no buffering or lagging and looked nice. My phone is a galaxy s10+

The problem I created this thread for was solved when I stopped watching my stream on my computer that I was streaming on and watched it on my phone

So I have streaming figured out, now I just need to learn how to edit videos on davinci resolve 16 to upload to youtube

2 Likes