Top Ten Reasons Console Gaming Is Better Than PC Gaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHn6rXR5CA8&feature=g-vrec

I present to you: ignorance.

The thumbnail should be enough for facepalming.

This chump has got to be trolling with his specifications complaint--he justifies PC elitism perfectly with his impressive display of ignorance. Don't know nvidia? Either he's full of shit, or the PC elite are damned polite for restraining themselves.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO8y1iCLhqU

1 Like

Ignorance is the right word to describe these people and their views on PC gaming. But honestly I'm a fan of console gaming as well and one of the reasons stated in the first video, in my opinion, is very true. One of the reasons console gaming still thrives today is because of its ability to continue delivering games on the same platform for many years. The Xbox 360 is a prime example of this. The playstation 2 is an even better example. Now I'm not saying consoles don't have flaws, but it's easy to see why so many people feel intimidated when the idea of PC gaming, and that that entales, comes to light. I'm sure many of us here have built our own rig, myself included, but we all started out not knowing a thing about building a gaming pc. To me PC gaming takes a certain amount of dedication and patience that console enthusiasts just don't understand. 

1 Like

My GeForce 7900 GT (Q1 2006 - not even the best of it's generation) plays Metro 2033 better than X360 & PS3. Yes, you will need to upgrade your PC every-once-in-a-while if you're going to play the latest and greatest with eye-gasm eyecandy graphics. But my 7900 proves that even a 6 year old GPU can play the latest games (256Mb DDR3 = 1280x720 res. max...)

Not trying to offend anyone here, but the "PC always haz to be upgraded"-excuse is a lie.

1 Like

I agree with your statement that a pc doesnt need upgrading as often as people beleive, but again only those who take the time to build a pc, read forums and websites to compare and contrast components, and dedicate the time to ensure that their build is exactly what they want are going to understand this. Console gaming is a clear and cut way of enjoying modern games for those who dont have this enthusiasm. Again ignorance is the backing to this way of thinking. If more people found this website like i did and saw the $350-$1200 variables that can be done with a pc, then they might change their minds. But some peopel are just set in their ways. 

1 Like

The guy in the video has to see one of my posts about Macs. Not to mention, this guy is an imbicile. LOL

Seriously. Current gen console gaming is a joke. The crap that comes out on console is dulled down to the point that it looks ugly to play and you lose out on the immersion of the game from it. PCs on the other hand can handle multi-threaded renders and wont choke and lag on you (talking about GPU here not networking issues) like a console. I dont know how many times i have played a game and have it choke and lock on me because i walked into an area that was too GPU heavy and have to restart my console.

I also hate how WE have to suffer from bad ports because of hardware that WE don't use/own as often.

This guy is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXwGYUlyfQ4

When I'm building a rig for someone, I want them to pay attention to how it's done (even letting them do the basics with me as guide - if they want to), so they can get a feeling of how it's all matching up. "That is how you mount the CPU and cooler, RAM goes there put more in if you need it, GPUs and other expansion cards go there - just be sure that the PCI-slots is compatible." So that people don't think the PC is going to explode when they open the sidepanel or something.

We all start with babysteps, and learn by researching. When the routine takes over everything is so simple. Kinda like getting a driving licens.

Another true statement, but again I imagine strictly console gamers wouldnt be able to make heads or tails of what you just said. Just to be clear, I enjoy gaming on my pc much more than on any console i own. However i have the luxury of owning both and can see why consoles are still a valid way of enjoying games for those on a budget. What all this really comes down to is prefference. If someone enjoys sitting on a couch in front of a television with a game controller in their hand instead of at a desk chair infront of their computer monitor while gripping a mouse and keyboard, then thats just how it is. I don't see gaming consoles going away anytime soon simply because there is the demand for them. Will consoles ever surpass PCs in terms of gaming performance? i seriously doubt it. But they still serve the need of being a convenient way to play games on a low budget. So even though they lack the performance a PC delivers, they have the backing of a community of people who continue to invest in them.

Lol love that video RuffeDK. He's absolutley right too. If people can avoid it, they wont get their hands dirty if they dont have to. Those ready made gaming pc's are another reason people don't bother with pc gaming. It's sad but very true.

"If someone enjoys sitting on a couch in front of a television with a game controller in their hand "

You know that is easily possible on PC, right?

1 Like

Do i know its possible? Yes. Does your average console gamer? Probably not. Its like what that guy said in that video that was just posted, consoles are marketed towards those with little desire to learn about building a gaming pc and even less desire to try. They want the work done for them and are willing to pay a certain amount for it. 

True. It's kind of sad, really.

"n....v...i......d....ia?"

"hdtvs>monitors"

"macs>Pcs"

"Controller>Mouse/keboard"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

wait did he just say that you might have something wrong in your head causing you to think properly?

The amount of times this video made me want to throw things at my monitor is unreal. As I'm sure you all agree, I dont have a problem with console gamers, I JUST HATE IGNORANCE. 

Though I must admit there have been a few occasions that I'd like to have had offline local co-op on PC. The rest of that video was just..ARGH

LOL!! I'm a PC and Console gamer (1978-Now bitches!!) and this video made me ragequit it when this kid claims Mac's are better than PC's. For Video/Graphics ... maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, but for everything else? Hell no.

The best part about his whole theory is consoles can't get viruses, HELLO! Call of Duty 4?!?!? wtf!!, and my first virus was from a zip disk ... and it was on Mac. OHSHI!