Token's lvl1 blog- edit -- Token's rantings

I want to keep it though

Outdoor sensor of some type, not sure how hard but maybe air quality (I havent held on of those since tech school so over a decade ago, and never took one apart so not sure how much room inside etc)

1 Like

Very cool- power in, and external sensor wires can use the harness and I bet a number of Arduino’s will fit inside (at least a mini will with plenty of room to spare). Have to figure out the coms part but shouldn’t be crazy. Too bad its not eight pin for the connector, could maybe do cat5 and PoE.

1 Like

I have a two relay version that should fit, tasmota firmware.

Other thread had me log into my pfsense- HOT! (Yeah yeah I use Fahrenheit)

Desperate times, desperate measures

3 Likes

RTX Voice:

Peeps figuring out it can be installed on older non-RTX cards:

If it gets a feature/plugin in something like Davinci so that people can render old videos with this and filter out the noise- I’m in.

1 Like

What is that thing?

1 Like

At $20 you found maybe the most affordable source, but yuck. Ideally would get something more ‘off the shelf’ and rechargable.

1 Like

Koi-18

Yeah, Zoneminder isn’t going to work- tried countless combos of resolutions source types, even played with buffers, FPS.

Reolinks and Zoneminder just don’t play nice together.

Gosh I wanted this to work…

Sometimes its clear, but I can hear cars drive by but see nothing, or crazy blurry ghosting of the car going bye.

I don’t want to give up just yet, at least it has a pretty easily accessible and readable log output.

But even when its showing no issues- the image is horrible

This got me thinking, could this be used to make any headphones you plug in to be able to noise cancel? Maybe the mic can be used like in NC headphones - used to detect and reverse the phase and pipe it into the headphones.

1 Like

I don’t know. But o hope to see this integrated into things like davinchi to be used with already recorded footage.

I’m going to try to get RTX Voice working with a Quadro M1200 today, wish me luck haha.

1 Like

Already had a squirrel moment and went onto something before the RTX Voice thing- this is interesting.

I have a Samsung Windows laptop, 300V5A that I bought in a pinch when I was in the UAE for business. Its a POS laptop but I always digged how it has the Arabic alphabet included with the English on the keyboard (context I’m just a Joe Six-pack white guy from the states).

I hardly ever pay attention to the web search results from the windows home button when I’m looking for an installed app or doc. But this time this caught my eye (searching for a SimData pdf I have).

Think MS is aware of the middle east designation of the hardware? Maybe via MAC address?

Or am I being super ignorant and confusing Hindi with Arabic and/or simply something similar to simdata (in the vids context about phone sims) is just a really common subject there and not elsewhere?

That’s the original Windows install right? I’d guess there’s some registry data or something hidden somewhere about it being from UAE. If it happened after a clean install, that would be really interesting.

1 Like

Yes, I believe original Win7 install then the free upgrade to Win10. Pretty sure of this- I did swap from spinning rust to SSD later, but used software to just move the install over, not because the spinning rust had failed.

The laptop has been having intermittent BSDs, I don’t know if the RAM is going bad, or something else. Also one of the two hinges is falling apart, the plastic case is cracking here and there. It’s literally falling apart, but I dig the unique keyboard haha.

Maybe … Change your MAC and check. :wink:
But probably pulls the original language out of the system.

Clean the system and block the spies. In my search, I only have a white window. :wink:

1 Like

Walked into the garage and saw my supermicro caddy LEDs saying most of my drives are kaput!

Log into FreeNAS, says everything is fine. Smb shares are good, Plex is up. Weird.

2 Likes

How bad was the panic?

3 Likes