THEkitchenSINK- Anon blog:bandwagon

OH SHIT… I thought I was in the lounge… FML

1 Like

it was stupid bad when the copper mine on the quakies was going you can see the mountain stripped

Hmm okay thats not even all that bad for me… Thats Ozone and O3 is not what hurts me its burnt pine

Imma go back to the lounge

http://www.norcotek.com/product/rpc-430/

just bought this chassis to transplant my current system into
2-3 business days till it arrives

super cheap 59.99 no bells and whistles short depth rack mount chassis are weirdly hard to find

1 Like

i ordered the cheapest b350 atx mobo i could find ended up getting the biostar b350 pro BTC board

i snagged it on ebay for 30$ and for my uses its perfect as i dont have much need for more then 1x pcie expansion cards atm

What are you going to do with it? Is this going into a server or be the backbone of your main rig?

its to be a file server i dont really wanna spend a ass tone on with some pcie x1 sata raid cards i have laying around. the x16 slot gonna be the fast storage and cache for the slow x1 raid cards.
i was kinda happy that the board was a btc board with the molex pcie power cause some of the raid cards need that

i will be getting another norco (or other 4u short depth chassis) case down the road to transplant my main system into (my gpu is too long for the drive cage this case has and i dont wanna break out the dremel)
plans are not solid till i do the work

1 Like

thunderbolt display vesa mount

the stand needs to be pushed down firmly and with a strong bit of plastic as shown (or credit card) to press the release lever you will hear a soft click when this happens
after you have pushed down to see the screws holding the stand on you want to extend it a little farther till you hear a loud click, this is the hinge locking in place so it doesn’t spring back into case.
!

4 Likes

after revisiting my parts bin i remembered i had my dc-dc for my aluminum passive cooled pc the ac-dc psu from china failed a while ago. at least it failed right and didn’t kill the dc-dc thing is i need a good 250-300 watt ac-dc psu and after some digging i have one ordered
https://medical.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=RPS-400
https://www.trcelectronics.com/View/Mean-Well/RPS-400-12-C.shtml
80$ with shipping but medical grade and rated well and not china quality.

1 Like

update on the apple thunderbolt display ive found out a thing i never thought possible to be a issue. the frequency of the wave in your internal home power is what apple expects you to have with this monitor, a dirty wave with noise… once you plug the apple display into a surge protector there is a small possibility that the surge protector adjusts this wave and the apple display will effectively go into a safe mode. this is a stupid thing. checking many of the “apple thunderbolt display” fixes “plug your display into the wall not a surge protector”. my surge protector was a cheaply one and was failing anyways so its good that this came up.
https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Apple_Thunderbolt_Display_Troubleshooting

with that now fixed i updated my rbs 2017 thunderbolt firmware and bios with that i now have full control of the display… brightness, usb, webcam, volume, and Ethernet. i am unable to test the firewire port as i have nothing with firewire. im thinking of a headphone desk amp/dac that has a firewire port there’s quite a few mixers and such on ebay. that ive been eyeing.

if those end up being too costly a external hdd would be fine for testing

Never worked with an Apple TB monitor, their older monitors(CRT & LCD) typically preferred being used on an APC brand UPS or surge protector-I quickly learned why some web/software developers slowly stopped using Apple monitors even after ADC port was discontinued. I’ve known a few developers who often told me “stay brand neutral on UPS/surge protectors & monitors”, vendor lock-in isn’t good if a company doesn’t test the product(s) on other UPS/surge protectors.

I’ll give you a tip of advice with firewire, make sure you stick with an audio interface or mixer with decent grounding–FW400/800 has a ground pin but some hardware OEMs added an extra ground screw point for bus powered devices to reduce potential noise(some Mac models which had the FW800 port as a module were prone to noise so the ground screw is a useful feature).

1 Like

havent been updating this like i should
so here we go

3/4 bushel of tomatoes and the fixings for the sauce
cut a ‘x’ on the bottom of the tomatoes to make skin removal ez after blanching

prep jars for canning remove lids and heat them to prevent glass cracking

dont be like me and cook in the canning pot had to decant to another pot the bottom of the mixing will burn in aluminum pots its a known loss

before blending

after blending

now pouring sauce into jars be sure to clean the rim more the top of the rim to create a good seal
image image
once in jars it will be nearly done
add jars to the pot and lower in the sauce should be still HOT while doing this so the jars are not shocked when put in the water
DONE now date and label jars and enjoy your sauce normally will last a year or 2 if heated correctly LONGER depending on the seal and type of jar and where stored. these will not last into 2020 as i will consume them or give them away to friends (asking for the jar back tho)

edit- fixed formatting so the images are not fucking it up

3 Likes

processing local food before the frosts set in and kill everythign farmers markets are going crazy some higher in the mountains are getting frosts now! getting stuff around this time is cheap they want it gone

2 Likes

when making a verde you gotta re oil the tray after every batch

1 Like

the asia food mart near me had bags of shucked garlic we got some and made some roast garlic and we put some away for later

ran out of space in the big pot so broke out the little one

1 Like

Now slow simmer over night on super low heat … Will post more tommorow

1 Like

Used grapes to make jelly more posts later ! And canning chili Verde sauce

grape jelly after canning the jelly will set after it cools i give it 24 hours its lavaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Would you share your recipes?