The Tek 0245: Replace All the Humans! | Tek Syndicate

Today he was a ghost in his shell, with stand alone complex!

I really enjoyed solo Logan. It was a long time ago I saw Logan with this sort of energy and enthusiasm. I bet the whole "we're geting a new office" thing took a lot of energy out of The Tek but it's nice to see that everything is coming back to the level of crazy that is Logan.

1 Like

if wendel / logan decide on testing ReactOS it shuold be done on diffterent hardware setups. because hardware bugs are normally the worst issue you can have with an OS.

then try:
* playing games that are broken on linux and or windows 10.
* using mpc-hc with dxva / quicksync / nvidia cuvid enabled in the video filter.
* testing compatibility with the latest web browsers and the adobe editing suite.

if it can do all that then it should meet the needs of about 80% of pc users. which isn't bad for an open source os that's sitll in beta.

3 Likes

ReactOS testing and review.

3 Likes

No Man Sky is quite nice. The graphics are not the most high-end photo-realistic whatevers but are lovely. Gameplay can be fun aswell. For example my start planet was some toxic and radioactive red ball inhabited by friendly creatures. It is just a mostly relaxing single player exploration game.
Not sure what all the hate is about. Were people expecting Doom Space travelers edition or what?

I'd like to see more about ReactOS

i have been playing no man's sky a lot, and it's not as bad as people say it is. yeah it's overpriced, but other then that i am totally with this guy; this game is best played on a TV, lights dimmed, music all the way up(which no man's sky actually has a really good soundtrack) and a beverage nearby. it's a chill game, and it was promised to be a chill game... people have just filled in the blank with their dreams and hopes of a perfect space exploration game. that's why people were ultimately disappointed

1 Like

I posted this comment on the YouTube video, but since they don't read YouTube comments, I figured I'd post it here.
inb4 hate

Logan, your content recently has just flat out been terrible. It's been boring, bland, and the same old shit. Yes I enjoy listening to you guys talk about tech related news, but what else have you guys even done? Nothing.

"We will create more videos similar to "Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?" Original content was always our forte. We have been busy doing bullshit to pay the bills. This will help fix that." - directly from their patreon.

Yeah I haven't seen any original videos like this, except the videos that WENDELL has made for the Tek Linux channel. Where are the original videos? And I'm sure the excuse here is going to be "We have a new office, we've moved recently, everybody is trying to set up the new office so that we can create those videos." COME ON. That's been the excuse for MONTHS. Yes I understand Lan Syndicate was a big deal, and took a lot of organizing. And I figured that your content would resume after that was done and dusted, BUT NOPE. Big fat nope.

And I write this rant that nobody on the Tek Syndicate staff is ever going to see (because they don't read Youtube comments) because I really used to enjoy watching content from these guys. Their content WAS original. Their content WAS unique. Their content WAS something that made me more knowledgeable. But now it's just bland same old same old crap. And anything unique is made by Wendell. And don't get me wrong, I love every single one of the videos that he makes. Every single one of them. They're intelligent, thoughtful, the production value is great, and they teach me stuff that I never would have known before. But anything involving Logan or Pistol is just jawdroppingly boring and not thought provoking in the slightest.

Now will Wendell or Logan or Pistol ever see this multi-paragraphed rant about the lack of content that has been posted by them? No. It won't (probably not). Because they don't look at the comments on their YouTube videos. And you know how I know this? Logan has posted several times about how he has installed plugins to disable to YouTube comments. He has just flat out said in videos that he only looks at the comments on the Tek Syndicate forums. The thing is, a MASSIVE amount of people don't even want to sign up and participate on their website, AND THAT'S FINE.

TL;DR - I'm pissed that they've promised more and better content on this channel, and all they've managed to do is have Wendell continue to be awesome, while Logan continues to come up with excuses as to why he isn't doing anything because he's "busy" with X Y or Z.

7 Likes

React OS just makes me think of The Fine Bros

2 Likes

Tek Syndicate needs more John. Hire him!

1 Like

oh they'll see it

1 Like

As a 21 Year old, I am not really comfortable with the idea of self-driving cars, since machines are prone to failure when it comes to chaotic things, just like us.

Alone and scared, poor logan.

1 Like

I would like to see react os and similar os

Lets hope so.

No hate required for a difference of opinion.

I've lost count of how many times I've said this, but folks wanting a return to old format and more original content will likely need to just wait until the Portland crew finally have their workspace finished. Yes, it has been a looooong time coming, but there's also a lot of work involved in the move, setup and construction of the office. They aren't just moving from Seattle to Portland, they are moving themselves and relocating a business. The office space is being gutted, walls are being built, new servers and cabinets are being set up. They are dealing with building management and managers and all the baggage that comes along with that. Just because they've been able to film a few episodes of The Tek from the new office doesn't mean it is finished. They've actually just pushed everything into a corner and cobbled together a temporary filming area for making these videos while work on the office continues. Content from Wendell has been more steady since his base of operations is not in flux (aside from any zany construction projects he's working on).

Ah, the good ole complaint about free content.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Is that a t-shirt design?

Lol idk, could be.