The Tek 0230: Where is Logan? | Tek Syndicate

Altough the coverage about the Radeon Pro Duo was brief it hints at some of the wonders Polaris and Direct X12 will bring even if the Pro duo be more than a little pricey. Do wonder how does it perform when the drivers aren't optimised? Multi GPU configs have been less than ideal for the large part. Note AMD claims to be marketing it for VR more so than classic game enthuasists.

Yes you guys (I mean the Tek mainly) should save any money you have for getting either (or both given what a Radeon Pro duo costs) a Pascal or Polaris GPU rather than the Radeon Pro Duo.

Is Nvidia hedging their bets and steering away from a sole gaming GPU focus by diversifying with the Self Driving and Deep Learning regarding the P100? I know Team Green fans with fill me in on how the previous Tesla have been utilized by Nvidia. A channel I've recommended in one of my previous comments has been focusing alot on the upcoming architectures from Nvidia and AMD. He's put in quality research and analysis, regarding the info presented by both Nvidia and AMD officially and also how this measures against sample images and what an engineer or two has let slip.

His theory on AMD's plan is intriguing. As I value @wendell 's opinion and quite a few of those in the forums here I would love to hear some others take on that video or one or his other. His an example of one of his videos on the topic.

No you just happen to be mentioning some of the worst members of our country :p. John Oliver is one of the better ones.

I had decent luck in the past removing clicks with the excellent and free audacity using a similar technique as this :http://m.instructables.com/id/Remove-The-Vocals-From-A-Song/
Its pretty neat

2 Likes

I got them removed now. The podcast version has been updated. But YT doesn't have a way to replace audio without reuploading the video.

3 Likes

Where the podcast version of The Tek is available? I've been googling for a while but nothing seems to come up. Thanks.

I don't think so, Qain said he uploaded a podcast version without the clicks.

Who care about clicks. Men are men clicks are nonthing

Normally it will be on the main site. But I added a link to it in the OP.

Where on the main site? The only things related to podcasts and Tek Syndicate I've found are these:

https://teksyndicate.com/teksyndicate-podcast.xml

https://teksyndicate.com/tag/podcast

You can find the MP3s on episodes of the Tek. We still need to go back and add it to older episodes.
But you should be able to find it there.

This is XML for podcast programs.

Oooh okay okay, I thought there were already weekly uploads of The Tek somewhere. Thanks.

That's the link you posted. It has all of them.... or should anyway. I believe we have a page that aggregates all of them.
@wendell Do we?

Ummm it's really not a good I idea to mention the singularity. It could be watching

I didnt mention anything, I was just pointing out a conundrum, like how do you tell when a British man is gay?

I would love to see the bench marking results of Nvidia's GPU
self learning autonomous cars in say, India's
Bombay. Would it learn or crack
under analysis.

1 Like

You better claim down and learn to respect these people making videos for us. Otherwise they'll discipline you real quick.

And Elon Musk isn't an idiot either. He and guys like Steven Hawking knows more about the topic than you. Even if they're only given simple media questions on television. They're right on point if we're talking about worse case scenarios. Even if they're more far fetched than the slow pace of AI we're currently getting right now. Experts have a right to be cautious (in various levels) over this. So don't call it fear mongering when there are folks not wanting to jump on any bangwagon or media hype over each major technological advances.

Don't even worry about that.

Couldn't agree more

That would be terrible indeed.... I'm quite certain Doctors have sworn oaths to do that but businessmen on the other hand.... eh.

I think its like a Chinese finger trap for this sort of thing. The reason it will probably happen is that some guy like me that is studying computer science will want to create something from one of my favorite movies like Terminator. I think allot of what we engineer or discover is based off of what we want to find and our wants are based from these works of fiction. I currently want to go into machine learning and AI. Just wait for me to take those courses in a year or two and when I come back I will have a more educated opinion.

I read "the moon is a harsh mistress" after hearing Qain talk about it. Damn good book. Ever think about having a "story time with Qain" segment, at least on the forum?