The Tek 0220: FBI VS Privacy VS Sanity VS Jesus VS Godzilla VS Earthworm Jim | Tek Syndicate

Links:

Pentagon orders Windows 10 to be installed on all 4 million of its PCs - Feb. 17, 2016
 Samsung Galaxy S7 Vs LG G5: Which Will Rule MWC 2016?
 Ubisoft: Open Worlds Are a Major Growth Driver, Only We Can Deliver Them Regularly With Our 9K Employees
 Apple implies FBI screwup: iPhone Apple ID password changed in govt possession, backdoor unnecessary | 9to5Mac
 Apple says the FBI is making access demands even China hasn't asked for | Technology | The Guardian
 US senator drafting bill to criminalise Apple’s refusal to aid decryption | Ars Technica UK
 Guilfoyle: Apple Resisting FBI, Victory for ISIS | Mediaite
 San Bernardino Shooter's iCloud Password Changed While iPhone was in Government Possession - ABC News
 MCAFEE: I'll decrypt San Bernardino phone free - Business Insider
 Donald Trump calls for a boycott of Apple products | The Verge
 The Kochs Are Plotting A Multimillion-Dollar Assault On Electric Vehicles
 Google- Marissa Mayer- laugh compilation - YouTube
 One of the most powerful Internet companies is officially for sale
 Judge orders FBI to reveal complete code for TOR exploit used in Playpen sting
 The FCC has moved closer to letting Americans dump their crappy cable boxes - Quartz
 The Tragedy of Ethiopia's Internet | Motherboard
 Intel confirms that its first 10nm chips will roll out in H2 2017 - CPU - News - HEXUS.net
 Linksys Now Taking Pre-Orders for EA7500 Maxstream MU-MIMO Router - Maximum PC
 Nvidia Ends Years with a Bang, Notes Record Revenue and Thriving GPU Sales - Maximum PC
 IBM and XPrize Bet $5 Million on Making Us Forget About Skynet | Inverse
 China Displacing 9,000 People In Hunt For Alien Life | Digital Trends
 Has a rampaging AI algorithm really killed thousands in Pakistan? | Science | The Guardian
 Google accounts show 11 billion euros moved via low tax 'Dutch sandwich' in 2014 | Reuters
 A 3D Printer For Body Parts - Fortune
 Dinosaurs Will Be Resurrected by 2050, Awesome British Think Tank Predicts | Inverse
 Predictions for 2020s With Ray Kurzweil - YouTube
1 Like

Which search engine do you guys use?
I use DuckDuckGo but tried some others before.

Edit: There is a link hiding in this post.

I use DuckduckGo. Encrypted search from the beginning and no tracking. Also it gives me unbiased results. Whereas google gives you results that are either based on your previous search history or promote their own services.

Also Google uses some algorithm which down rates websites with free copyrighted content. Lastly DuckduckGo let's you select your country region or have no region at all. So if I'm looking for slovak webpage about cooking I can select Slovakia in the settings and then all my search results will be in slovak language. On the other hand Google forces you to use region depending what nation you're from.

If you are using XSplit Broadcaster for streaming, the option that causes huge framedrops on slow computers is "Enhance Resize"...
Every time you get the webpage layout with webcam sources on the side, you have framedrops... Probably, due to some "enhance resizing" (antialiasing) on webpage layer...

47:54 When Wendall says 'Anybody who had to renew his licence through DNV...'
What's DNV?

Nothing about the new Vulkan API benchmarks? Hopefully this will bring more games to Linux.

Like TS would use xsplit over obs lol

In any case, OBS may have something similar... I have both, but I still prefer XSplit over OBS...

It's more that they're the sort of people up use open source than xsplit licence bs

New version of OBS, locked to the integrated Intel GPU. Had trouble with all the video streams. We realized after we started. Decided to push on instead of stopping the live broadcast.

1 Like

But the second half of the video is fine, except the Wendell and webpage layouts... Fullscreen local camera shots were smooth after you did something in the beginning of the stream (looks like it became resized with nearest neighbor algorithm)...
Does the CPU load influence the performance of integrated Intel GPU???

UPD: Oh, wait... I'm watching the video right now, and it started to drop frames again at ~50m mark... Well... Intel crap it is then... :)

From my experience, when the GPU can't handle, the CPU makes up for it.
In this case, the web page scene has all three video feeds. Wendells feed comes in over a different screen capture, and the local cam capture isnt bogging down anything. In the beginning We reduced the output to 1mbps, and closed Photoshop. We then intentionally kept it on either us or Wendell, to mitigate the issue. It was also the new rewrite of OBS. It's a little wonkey at times.

In the end you discuss "the next revolution in games" where all characters have their own AI, character, life goals, fears and obsessions, psychology, etcetera... Have you seen where the development of Dwarf Fortress is heading?.. It already does some of those things on the abstract (ASCII) level... It's got some basic art, music, literature and science recently, and every historical person and organized group in the simulated world have their own agendas...

It's like The Sims... They have 6 gauges to fill plus some additional goals... Dwarf Fortress entities have around two dozens plus some high level goals...

This guy has provided a possible solution to open up the phone that would only be able to be used on that specific phone. Any thoughts on this? Wouldn't this invalidate the whole scare of the FBI getting some master key that could be used on any iphone?

I use DuckDuckGo. For the same reasons Grim_Reaper listed.

How Skynet could end.
50/50 good or evil.
If evil: 50% going to kill every life form, 20% killing humans endangering survival of species and 30% only defending itself.
I would say a 25% chance of dying TODAY does not sound too bad if you can have 5,000,000 bucks, eh? Well....

Hey guys, where's the MP3?

@Logan @wendell

This is going to blow your mind....not only do I support the Tek (and proudly sport a burning earth logo on my gas guzzling truck) but I'm also voting for Trump. How do I get away with this? Cause I don't douche bags tell me what to think.

You might want to reconsider having only one burning earth, sir.

@DeusQain looks good with the haircut. Rocking the old look from RTW.