The Tea Thread šŸµ

Letā€™s bring this one back.

This has been my morning cups for a while. Glorious. I really need to get in the habit of drinking this faster though. (so it doesnā€™t go cold)

I find that the mix of caffeine and Jasmine really helps me focus.

1 Like

Do I get to hang out here? I usually just buy Lipton black tea, and make a large pitcher of sweet tea. Iā€™m guessing not. :frowning:

Iā€™ve started drinking hot tea more often recently [Earl Grey], just making a single serving at a time, but I still load it down with sugar. My plan was to slowly put less and less sugar, but Iā€™ve forgot to do that part so far.

I need to see if the local market has oolong, but if not Iā€™ll be ordering some soon. Isnā€™t that what the Chinese restaurants in the US usually have? I like it a lot, but againā€¦ sugar.

Whether it be bulk bin stuff or old plant estate stuff, itā€™s all leaf juice.

My local grocery chain has oolong. Itā€™s not amazing stuff, but itā€™s there.

Cinnamon Spice Black Tea, from a small shop
T2Tea Girlie Grey, on deck

Sometimes I make myself the ā€œdouble dragonā€

aka

Green tea and Black Tea in the same cup, itā€™s delicious and really wakes you up.

2 Likes

oh, thatā€™s brilliant.

1 Like

Thanks!

Iā€™ll add a few drops of stevia, citrus and a pinch of salt to overall tastiness, adding some ginger for when I feel extra crazy.

Bro at least go traditional medicinals

Oolong this evening.

Once steeped, the leave expand like crazy, which is fun to watch. The flavor is crisp and very ā€œtea-likeā€. Itā€™s aroma is fresh and really captures the essence of tea.

Towards the end of the cup, thereā€™s a slight creamy flavor thatā€™s really satisfying.

1 Like

Jasmine Dragon Pearls today as ā€œcelebrationā€, even though this is one of my staples.

Fantastic fruity, floral aroma. Clear, straw-colored liquor.

This tea oversteeps easily and is really sensitive to ratios in preparation. Take the time to weigh out the tea and water to get it right and time the steep. This variety takes a little more effort than others, but getting it right is worth it.

2 Likes

What are you celebrating?

Yeah, I wind up with a bitter tea at least once a week.

2020 taxes filed and accepted. Due to a minor, but irritating situation, I was not sure that would be possible. Eliminating the uncertainty is a huge relief.

2 Likes

Congrats then!

Any off the shelf brands that have turmeric? Only thing Iā€™m finding is Kirin decomposition tea (according to wiki).

I use atlantic spice to get some of my teas from (orange spice and lapsang souchon) and they do have some teas with turmeric in them.

https://www.atlanticspice.com/Teas-All_c_23.html

I also use the spice and tea exchange for trying out some stuff.

https://www.spiceandtea.com

English breakfast in place of my normal routine of coffee.

2 Likes

I had Lipton yellow whatever todayā€¦ 'Twas OKā€¦

1 Like

This did not workout. I took a nap like 2 hours after having it. I am just not used to the lack there of, of caffeine in tea.

What is the consensus for pot cleaning?

My family mostly just gave the pot a quick rinse before refilling again.

Does anyone scrub it right down every time?

1 Like