The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

The 1800X appears to be OOS on Amazon.

alright, pre ordered it on Newegg : / still want to wait and benchmarks, but i guess i have plenty of time to cancel

No deals at microcenter yet :( they have fake discounts listed right now

There's a joke or some kind of irony somewhere about people excited about a low price cpu and buying it immediately at it's full introductory price. As peter would say , all the pieces are there someone make something out of it

But you do have to admit it's not like it's going to go up in price or run out of stock

1 Like

1800X now out of stock at Newegg too. Screenshot credit: @KuramaKitsune

1 Like

1 Like

I still get pre-order add to cart option on it

amazon's motherboard selection sucks though

you don't think it will run out of stock? its already sold out on Amazon and Newegg. As for the price. I thought typically the price only comes down after they come out with a next gen or Intel forces them to. Neither one I think is going to happen any time soon. Maybe there will be a deal to save like $10... And if demand becomes too high it is not unprecedented for prices to go up. Remember when the prices of AMD videocards were inflated because of the bitmining craze?

Lmao. Y'all are believers now.

Interesting. No Heatsink/fan included

We need a review Wendell

Are there any ITX boards that are up yet?

Shhh, Don't tell anyone but pre orders still available in NZ

1 Like

ITX isn't being released for now. No board partners wanted to produce one yet while they were unsure about sales.

This may change soon but it hurt me when I found out.

dies inside I live for ITX builds.

1 Like

I really wanted one as well.
I was going to build this but then no ITC meant no chance

2 Likes

source?

Hello /r/AMD, my name is Drew and I am an editor for smallformfactor.net.
I attended CES and had the opportunity to speak with various motherboard manufacturers as well as a few key players at the AMD booth. Unfortunately, as you have already noticed, most of us walked away with no new information.
However, here is a list of some information I was able to collect:
* Over 30 new AM4 boards will be available at Ryzen launch.
* 3 ITX boards are currently in development but they won't be available at launch (they wouldn't tell us who was making them as they asked not to be disclosed at CES but the Gigabyte, ASRock, and ASUS reps told us that they weren't going to invest in ITX unless Ryzen sales are off the charts)
* Due to the SOC design of Ryzen, it means that there is no bridge on the mobo. As a result, this frees up the 4x PCIe lane that Intel uses for other usage (like an additional m.2).
* Would not disclose VEGA card length but said, "We really love Small Form Factor as you saw with the Nano and Fury cards but it will be up to board partners to decide on how long they make the cards. We love blower style coolers so all reference cards will use a blower."
...but that wasn't all. The real highlight happened during our interview with ASRock regarding their impressively speced Intel-based Micro-STX motherboard. While I was chatting with the representative, I had the opportunity to overhear something that caused my ears to perk up:
A handful of representatives from [insert extremely well known enthusiast PC manufacturer here] walked into the room after having just left their presentation with AMD. After brief introductions, they we're quick not to mince words... "Show us your new AM4 boards, we don't care about the Z270. Their new product is no faster than our current lineup, after what we just saw... we want our enthusiast lineup to be all Ryzen based, show us your enthusiast AM4 boards."
As you can imagine, this is a pretty impressive thing to hear from such a large enthusiast company, especially after years of dominance from Intel. Whatever they saw behind closed doors impressed them a great deal and while we are still left without specifications or benchmarks, I felt that this was a pretty big deal in an of itself.
Mods: Please let me know if you would like me to remove my company name if it's in violation of any rules. I didn't directly link to it but used it to help establish credibility for the context of this conversation. Thank you.
permalinkembed

2 Likes

thanks, saved me a bit of stress. planning to wait out before mini itx news before deciding whether or not to cancel. Made things simpler.

2 Likes

I've been staying away from CPU news for a while now due to how it is just usually rumors and while I expected that AMD's Ryzen CPUs would at least be better than Haswell but more cores, I didn't expect them to go above and beyond now. That being said, I do not want to hop on the hype train just yet until more real world benchmarks occur from third parties. I really hope this makes Intel compete and innovate now.

1 Like