The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

I think its more than a rumor. I know the board partners got screwed with Bulldozer and now they are being very cautious going forward.

If anyone is concerned about getting a processor, Amazon still has the 1700X in stock, Newegg the 1700X and 1700, and TigerDirect still has their preorders for all three open.

Lol

Yeah he's lucky I'm a big fan of the red team, but it should remain ethical, this forum is not a free market stall where on top of everything you can expect to chase away people passing by that do not buy into your stuff.... seriously!

Wtf even are you
At what point did I ever do that
Im not in any way paid by AMD, and this was a thread to collect the info about Ryzen that is officialy put out.
That.
Is.
It.

2 Likes

Oh also discussion on the official AMD things that have been released.

Then you don't mind people discussing it and expressing all kinds of opinions. This is a thread, not a blog. If you want to present the AMD marketing material, fine, if you do it in a thread, fine, but a thread is a discussion forum, you can't expect people to not express opinions that are completely on-subject.

That being said, before March 4th or thereabouts, there are no real objective facts about Ryzen, there is only marketing material. If people want to pre-order blind, by all means, but they should no be shielded from the other side of the story.

3 Likes

@Cavemanthe0ne

what's this box? and did you get one?

So the iPhone 8 isn't a rumor? :D

Uhm, yeah. That is what I am saying.

But they won't because why should they pay Intel a fee for a port you can't plug anything interesting into?

Oh, really? I heard Lisa Su talking a lot about content creators and gamers.
Maybe ryzen just isn't for you. That happens...

I thought the point about the 1800x was good and the source of my hangup.

1 Like

I wasnt trying to tell you to stop expressing your opinions ... I wpuld just rather not have this thread devolve into fighting which was where it looked like you and @DerKrieger where going on a path towards is all. Maybe I misread it, and I'm pretty sure one or both of you would have stopped before that point (in fact you did after)
But that was what I was meaning when I asked you both to stop.

Was not meant to be anything else

OK, no worries. DerKrieger and I were not about to fight in any way lol. I just thought you were trying to deny the common denominator of our posts, that being the relativism with regards to the blind preordering frenzy.

1 Like

Official pricing in stores in my country:

1800X is 550,-Euro
1700X is 438,-Euro
1700 is 412,-Euro...
I don't expect pricing to vary much in EU in general...
That Some motherboards have surfaced, they are much much better priced... 290,-Euro for Asus Crosshair VI Hero is shit. I will get B350 Prime for 111,- Euro, thank you very much...

Lol, lisa can talk about what ever she wants to. I don't think a regular gamer is gonna spend 500 bucks on a cpu.

Remember that most gamers are looking to spend 250 on an i5. Obviously the comment about content creation is probably more true.

And my ultimate point going forward is that I would love to buy a ryzen system and stick it to intel. But if I am gonna spend half a grand on parts, then I want them to last a long time. Part of that longevity comes from having the latest and greatest features.

Its just frustrating because the amd 990fx board does support 40 lanes.

You say that and yet people have dropped money onto the 5960X and also the 6950X which are freakishly more expensive ... far GAMING. And why? Because. "Its the best"

But I am not one who knows the actual stats of how many so even though there are a ton of custom builds with the 8-10 core i7s that are ridiculously priced, there may not be that many actual builds with them compared to standard quad core i7s for reasonable-ish prices.

FX 9590 was also the first 8 core 5GHz CPU, but now people jizz their pants, becayse 7700K can hit 5GHz with heavy OC, Delid and cooling...

1 Like

I clearly said regular : P

I dunno though. Maybe there is a larger market for "the best" than I think there is.

1 Like

4.6GHz 5820k here, my brain is telling me to wait on the surely eventual Asus Sabertooth X370 and Zen+, but all this excitement is making me want to BUILD.

1 Like

Just wait... You will not gain much at all...

It is not a needed thing like water and food so just wait and see the real benchmarks by regular YouTubers and such before going and blowing a wad on all that is Ryzen.

Yeah I know, and I'm a fairly rational person.

Yep, waiting is why I said Zen+, because I know that's what will make the most sense. Wait for them to learn whatever lessons they get out of these first generation chips before making any commitments. I game and stream with some light video editing so what I have right now suits my needs just fine. The only thing I can't do is flawless 1440p recording in OBS at 60fps but that's asking for a lot and really isn't necessary as I'm not pumping out videos.

1 Like