The no BS Ryzen Thread: All official information on Ryzen here

Jayz is the one that was mentioning it, that he got an email from AMD telling him what features to enable and disable for both AMD and Intel in his tests. And i've already watched that entire hour long review, and I do think Ryzen is compelling for some segments of the market, but I don't think it is clearly more powerful than the 6900 in multi threaded applications.

if you really want the info I can post

EXACTLY

what it is because I have the entire thing.

IDK, wasn't the whole thing about Intel trying to manipulate the benchmarks claiming the same thing, that some people were getting them and others weren't? That you didn't get the email they sent to Jay doesn't really mean anything, does it?

Every. Reviewer. Was. Sent. The. Same. Briefing. Including. Me.

So I have exactly what AMD said. And didn't say. to test.

Same for ASRock. IOMMU is off by default, which might lead to some issues.

2 Likes

Please stay on topic folks. I think any rumors and conspiracy theories can be discussed in another thread (or not entirely would be good too :D)

8 Likes

Is AM4 confirmed ECC yet?

Kindof.
@wendell has done more testing than I have with ECC but it seems to work fairly well. Again though, the early BIOS revisions are buggy sometimes with memory so it may take a bit to really know for certain if it is and which motherboards.
So far it seems to work though on some motherboards.

2 Likes

K, cause I plan to get too much money to blow on a big system, dual chip if I can. ECC would be a requirement for me at that point.

AMD have officially confirmed ECC compatibility.
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/amd_confirms_that_ryzen_supports_ecc_memory/1
Basically it works, it have been tested...

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks.

Muhahaha, that was close. I just sold off my secondary, and not much used, dual Xeon platform.
(mobo, CPUs and RAM) And I hardly lost any money on those parts. Now Ryzen is the next platform to trickle down from main system to homeserver in the future.

The Stilt posted a technical piece on the Anandtech forums, it is not a full review but still interesting as talks about how XFR works etc. Among other thing he explains that there is no base clock overclocking as ratio to things like PCIe can't be changed.

1 Like
2 Likes

:| now, greed or wait.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I would avoid 4 sticks for 2 larger ram wise. Sidestep an issue or two.

1 Like

my funds aren't limited to future changes, in 2 weeks i'll be able to get $600 kit if i deem its necessary. (if its compatible with kvm stuff i'm up to, i'll definitely max it out with best memory - for the moment its just to get it up and running.)

I went cheap 16 gigs for 99 dollars and an 15 cas 2x8 3000 the idea is was to sidestep some of the issues with ram speeds.

a good lesson for you always fill all slots. To get full bandwidth. (even if its dual channel) i bet i'd have more bandwidth than your 2x8 3GHz