The most scary application of Machine Learning - FakeApp

This is the most scared I have been of where the interwebs are headed. This was discussed by @wendell @ryan on the last news cycle but the tools used are far more intriguing.

This is a How to on YouTube which is safe to watch; shows you how to train the ML model and use the FakeApp tool.

Best example below-

“Top is original footage from Rogue One with a strange CGI Carrie Fisher. Movie budget: $200m,” deepfake wrote of his creation. “Bottom is a 20 minute fake that could have been done in essentially the same way with a visually similar actress. My budget: $0 and some Fleetwood Mac tunes.”

An incredibly easy-to-use application for DIY fake videos—of s** and revenge p***, but also political speeches and whatever else you want—that moves and improves at this pace could have society-changing impacts in the ways we consume media. The combination of powerful, open-source neural network research, our rapidly eroding ability to discern truth from fake news, and the way we spread news through social media has set us up for serious consequences.

This is a NSFW link so be careful.

TL;DR to parents, don’t let any of your kids photos onto the interwebs for the love of god.

I don’t want to think what highschoolers would do with this :frowning: FUDGEME I’m not linking where to get the app/files but it’s on Reddit for the adventurous - don’t have breakfast before you go though :exploding_head:

@SgtAwesomesauce

3 Likes

Oh lord, I’m going to waste so much time now.

3 Likes

The trump face on Michael Scott is funny.

3 Likes

The ML tool is interesting for sure. I’m going to see if I can train something funny and do a face swap. it’s a CUDA job too so I can throw the 1080 at it.

I tried to do a PSA on Twitter but failing cause I have a puny audience. Appreciate any RTs - It links back to this thread.

@wendell @ryan @kreestuh

BRB downloading Revenge of the Sith and putting Wendell’s face on Obi Wan.

cuda

Good thing I’ve got a 1070 then!

9 Likes

EPIC… I so want to see this HAHAHA

We should do a Trekkie thing, he’d probably like that. You can grab footage from most of his youtube clips, create samples via ffmpeg, and feed that as “Source” images for the training.

You’d need to use the ones where he’s alone though. Sorry @ryan @kreestuh

1 Like

That’s very true. Star Trek is probably a better option.

Hell, once I get my system back up, I’ll have the CPU cycles, I’ll just do both!

3 Likes

Maybe this will cause people to realized there is nothing special about naked bodies. All look the same anyways.

Crop tool and batch processing exist.

I have been saying for years I can’t wait for the software that let’s me put any actor in any role I want. This is gets me that much closer to watching the Lord of the rings movies with Danny devito and Nicholas cage. As every role.

17 Likes

https://github.com/deepfakes/faceswap

Dont see why you’re making such a big fuss about it, you sound like my mom.

also

12 Likes

How we call ourselves civilized with this cultural body shame is odd indeed.
Religion is a powerful tool for the stupid I guess.
Blood death murder PG-13
Tittehs rated - R

Let’s wonder why kids are sexually befuddled, when violence and murder is shown to be more acceptable then one of the most pleasurable experiences we can have with one another, namely sex.

To the OP’s post:
Yeah this could prove to be hugely problematic indeed, when the truth becomes to difficult to discern confusion will follow, then quickly followed by fear…

Future of our species looks bright /sarcasm

You forgot:

Female orgasm rated NC-17

I guess video isn’t proof anymore…

I thought this and dark matter were still unproven to exist.

4 Likes

I was wrong

Even though I was joking this is interesting

And now I have some mr bean memes to make see you later turbo nerds

Video was able to be falsified before, but this is a whole new level of doctoring video.

2 Likes