The Grand Reformat

It’s a layer 3 switch. But an early model.

What layer3 Switches have you worked with?

Cisco Catalyst 3750X and 3850G

I’d have to compare the code sets between the Catalyst 3750X and the 3750 that he has.

But You would still need to put the switch as the gateway for the other side.

Unless I’m totally forgetting how those older switches work. Cause that just sounds like a giant security vulnerability.

1 Like

Thats basically what I came up with yesterday but all my time got eaten up by family. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Edit: Can report it works A+. I’ll just post qain’s config to my post above. Its safest for yalls lol.

sniff

maybe someday soon my insane setup will happen. Kek.

Alright well things are coming along slowly. I’m currently working on my ppc machines, both for linux as well as osx. Me and @THEkitchenSINK are coming up with some science.

First thing I wanted to do though, before I get on with the… science… and we’ll get to that later, I wanted to set up my powerbook on osx. I thought I’d share the process with yall. I realize that osx is slow on this machine, with things like void or bsd running significantly faster, however I want to develop an upgrade path for these machines. SINK and I are essentially working on firmware hacks, but atm we need osx.

ANYWAYS

System deets in case you want them

7447 A1, 2GB ram, 9700 pro. What more could you ask for? I’m certainly happy with that spec list. A 7448 could be cooler, but you knqw what whatever!

Also quick note, I did some ram tests in this pb. In the A1138 you get DDR2! So I wanted to play with ram speeds to try and get my geekbench score higher, though I feel like the app has a hard limit or something because in about 20 separate runs, some hot, some warm boot, some cold boot, it only got to like 965 and never went higher, even though LU Decode went faster and faster, which is the hardest thing on these chips. Longest run was 6 min 24 sec, shortest was 4 min, 14 sec, however I should be getting over 1000…

So I tried one 800 mhz dimm (2GB, only 800 I have atm), 2X 533 1GB, and 2X 433 1GB. The 433 scared the machine, but everything else was forced to 133mhz. I’m hoping with openbios I can remove that limitation so get better performance.

I decided the dual 1GB @533 would be best for at least getting dual channel magic.

Gotta do updates before tweaks.

So this is a skinpack called leopard rebirth. It trims a lot of animations out, adds transparency to things that didn’t have it, and mostly makes everything look nice.

I also wanted to grab ppcappstore because I heard it had a lot of shit in it.

I’m fucking ecstatic. It has everything except perian and tenfourfoxbox. You need perian if you plan to use yt or twitch as it basically handles all the video shit for you.

Gotta get tools too.

And then general whatever.

And now its building the latest transmission, libmtp, and fastboot+adb. IDK if it’ll be my daily laptop, but it may end up that way. The keyboard wipes the floor of anything else I have anyways, and for me thats reason enough.

I also did one of my G5’s with the same treatment.

More to come, just been busy.

2 Likes

I’ve done a number of things outside of posting here, but I’m going to share some stuff that fits this thread. Tis why its here after all

So today I attacked some amiga stuff. Actually over the lost few days as my time has been eaten, but no matter. I was trying to clean the keys some and managed to lose a spring. I looked for it to no avail. So today I went to the hardware store, found a relatively same sized (in diameter) spring, cut it down, and got to here.

I mean it works enough. Its under F10, and other than management software that I would make, I doubt anythitg I use will use F10. So, loss of one spring to have an even tougher spring… meh.

Few days ago I was working on the hard drive. In a previous thread I showed off that it has a bridge board with 512k of ram and a 286. I have absolutely no idea what the hell I’ll use it for, but it’ll do something eventually.

I managed to find the disk with the format tools on it, but I also found that disk online. The data I have seems to be dying of bitron, and I expected that. But I got to here either way.

If you choose the easy option you get this screen. The other screen is like going from using etcher to format a usb to using gparted. I don’t think I’ll use it lol.

I have a 50mb drive, so I came up with this part scheme.

My mention of bitrot earlier holds strong though. In the middle of formatting, the floppy died, or the drive did, and failed to format. Tho I think the drive did because its just not working at all. I have a backup ready to go, still miffed tho.

Or I use my gotek in this thing, which I don’t exactly want to do. Reason is:

Now I could dremel that out and not feel bad… buuuuuut… ugh I really don’t want to. I mean the guy who had this before would have 100% done it because the benefit is ashronomical, it just bothers me.

And for a sanity check that I hadn’t killed the floppy controller, I got it to boot to the management software for the gotek.

I’m mad the drive I had is dead, but it boots… ugh I’ll have tobfind a set of aos 2.04 roms online somewhere. All I want to do is boot off the hdd anyways, so its no big deal over all…

Ech. Deciding.

Edit: Does python run on a 286…

1 Like

So rn I’m looking into openBSD on my thinkpad X230T. For whatever reason it cannot get a dhcp lease off of wifi nor lan. I’m not really sure what to do about it next… Maybe I’ll do freebsd. I’d really like openbsd though; I like its initial setup and technologies a lot more.

Still deciding on what linux to put on it. I’d love to do void, but I can’t get it to install correctly. Unsure as to why.

Edit 1: I’ll try from the usb image and see if that makes anything worth of a difference. I was doing this off of a cd.

Edit 2: Well networking doesn’t want to work quite right, probably something to do with my dock, but for right now its installing sets from a cd, having booted off of a usb, so I’ll just count my blessings for right now.

Edit 3: There, booted. X didn’t start immediately like on my sparc box so that threw me off a sec. Oh well. Whatever.

Edit 4: Despite all the hardware being from intel, random stuff doesn’t want to work in openbsd. I had the same issues in freebsd and ghostbsd (networking and sound support nonexistent), so I’m installing Elementary OS with some space for a BSD later on to just poke at. Maybe I’ll reinstall openbsd later today but I have some organizing and COD zombies to do first. Along with a bowl or two ;3