The Energy Drink Thread

Coffee? nah, takes too long to make

Tea? nah, not enough caffeine

Chemicals in a can?! Ahhhh yeah :sunglasses:

Making this topic to match the coffee and tea topics, but for those of us who prefer our drinks from a can.

1 Like

Here’s my current stockpile:

And what i’m drinking rn:

I tried the energy drink that The Rock is selling and it was pretty good

I like monster too. Mostly the ultra ones, white and red are good. The pipeline punch is nice too. I try most of them and also other energy drinks if they look interesting.

Last time a had a monster i had a terrible reaction. Had chills felt flush and just felt like i was dying. Never affected me like that when i was younger. This was like 2 months ago. Thought I had covid. But lasted like 4 hours and 10 minutes after drinking it I felt like i was not going to make it.

It was my first monster in like 10 years.

Ugh, why must you guys torture me so? :laughing: I’ve been trying to get off the sugary drinks, such as Coke, Pepsi, Red Bull and others to get my weight down and these pictures are not helping! The cravings are real man, even after 14 days of no soda whatsoever.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have switched over to Bang and Reign.

1 Like

If you are into dangerous thing, C4 is AMAZING the Cosmic Rainbow one, put rum in it and it is like not does not exist, me and a friend pushed the ratios to extremes and could still only barely taste the rum.

Super dangerous

1 Like

Kong Strong. Local Energy Drink from LIDL. Way under 1EUR, no sugar and they taste totally fine. I however am switching to Caffeine pills, which is easier than to buy the amount of cans I consumed every week.

2 Likes

Caffeine pills are the way.

I like Red Bull. Usually the Watermelon or Dragon Fruit flavors. I like the original flavor a lot, but it makes my sweat stinkier. Which I thought was odd, but true.

Only tried two other energy drinks → Monster and one that Powerade used to make like 15 years ago. Wasn’t a fan of Monster, but I do recall liking the Powerade energy drinks. They were in aluminum cans that was more of a bottle shape.

1 Like

Me personally… If it ain’t coffee and I really need the caffeine, I go for 5 hour energy shots… Good way to get the focus you need without having to pee like a racehorse 10 minutes later.

I tried a 5-Hour Energy shot once and thought I was going to have a panic attack. It was not a good feeling! Haven’t tried one since then. :slight_smile:

Make sure you don’t overdo it and drink lots of water. Caffeine pills are rough on the kidneys.

1 Like

I did not know that. Thanks. Is it the lack of liquid when taking a pill, or is it the total amount of caffeine consumed that is the issue?

Both. You are taking in all the caffeine at once compared to coffee or energy drinks where it is spread out a bit more. On top of that you aren’t consuming any water with it.

I need the coffeine, but I will read up on how to consume it more healthy. I also drink a lot of beverages with sweeteners like Aspertam and don’t know how close I am to an unhealthy amount, since the amount has not to be listed on beverages. I am trying to cut that out but currently I cannot live on tea and water.

Yes you can !! I stopped pop like ~5-6 yrs ago (only in booze back then), and caffeine last year. It’s rough for a week or so because your kicking a drug. But worth it.

I had a coffee last week, just cause, and it rekt me. 8:30 coffee, had the heebie jeebies in my veins and up until 3am the next day.

I think Ryan from the news said he kicked it a hand full of episodes ago.

I feel like your body hates you

1 Like