The Energy Drink Thread

I can drink coffee all day. But energy drink not doing that again.

Niacin overdose is chills and flush feeling. those were my two symptoms. or side effect to a possible overdose. Could have been a monster with too much niacin.

1 Like

No, I mean only the taste. I like a cup of tea or water, but I donā€™t like drinking 3 liters of it a day. Tea with sweeteners is tasty, but then I can also consume other sugar free drinks that contain sweeteners. I am looking for a way to get accustomed to pure tea and water without any additives. The caffeine on the other hand is a necessity for me since I need to take medication that has daytime sleepiness as an side effect. I need the caffeine since I can not go to sleep again after just getting up. Only tea I like without sweeteners is Earl Grey with a lot of milk, but I donā€™t want to use animal milk and it does not taste as good with plant based alternatives.

I generally have one caffinated drink a day, a normal cup of tea with breakfast. The rest of the day I only drink decaf tea otherwise I go manic. The comedown from the caffine high makes me lose focus, then when I am level I can concentrate for hours on end.
Also a good breakfast like porridge or weetabix with no sugar gives me good energy and focus for most of the day for the same reasons.

Anyone tried plain carbonated water (2 litre bottle from a grocery store for 89c) with a lime or lemon squeezed in? Gives a change of pace from plain water.

I drink San Pelegrino or Perrier as a variety from plain water, besides the gallon jugs of distilled or purified water that I buy.

Also I have been drinking Gatorade Zero to keep from drinking sugar or fructose. I am not sure how healthy Gatorade Zero really is though.

On a side note, many of these products I buy are getting very scarce in the stores, the stores are telling me it is a plastics scarcity issue. I have heard that recycling our plastics from the US in second/third world countries is not economically feasible at this time, not sure if this is the main reason.

I have heard that you should drink 1 to 2 times the water volume to make up for the volume of coffee or tea (also regular or diet pop). Also if you are trying to lose weight/work out it is important to drink plenty of water.

So, I am trying to figure out what to do for a possible future with no beverages that come in plastic bottles.

Anyone have experience with home water distillation? I donā€™t want to trust my municiple water supply for drinking. Rain water may be an option.

Monster 44 (Lewis Hamilton) has reappeared. The can has a slightly new design, two stars on the bottom 3 stripes instead of the old one star.

I missed this stuff. Has the ā€œstandardā€ energy drink flavour but slightly nicer somehow.

Maybe I am understanding this wrong, but why would you even want to drink distilled water, it not only lacks minerals, it will deprive your body of them.

Primary use is for making coffee but I also drink it plain. Coffee has lots of chemical components that are added to the water.

I get plenty of minerals from all the foods that I eat. Also I supplement with Potassium (NoSalt) and Gatorade Zero. And other vitamins/minerals. I also take a couple of TUMS per day. This meas I probably get more from these things than from tap water anyway.

My tap water has lots of calcium but also grows a black fungus in the toilets. Not really happy about that, the water supposedly is treated with chlorine and fluorine. At one point it had a fishy taste that they said was temporary. At my previous house I used to get brown water too frequently from when the city did pipe repairs.

If I was hiking in the desert or fasting for days I would not drink distilled water , but I think in my normal life I get plenty of minerals.

1 Like

Have you seen how bad municipal water is in the US? You are much better off filter out everything and then taking a multivitamin or something to supplement.

2 Likes

I am aware of the tap water situation in the US. Around here though, anything you can buy in the store for consumption is mineral water. Distilled water is only used e.g. for cleaning or mixing with other chemicals.

When you say ā€œmineral waterā€ you mean carbonated spring water? In Mexico this is call ā€œAgua Mineralā€.

In my grocery store they offer:

Spring Water (water from a source of fresh water like a spring or stream)
Purified Water (municipal tap water that has been filtered in some way)
Distilled Water (Steam distilled tap water)
Alkaline water (Tap water or filtered water with minerals such as calcium added to increase alkilinity to 7.5-8.5)
Seltzer or Carbonated Water (Generic)
Perrier or San Pelegrino (Spring water with added carbonation)
Various other combinations of the above

I have sugar free Monster (because diabetic), but tbh it does nothing for me. I donā€™t notice any effect from the caffeine and if Iā€™m drinking it because Iā€™m tired Iā€™ll invariably fall asleep after drinking it anyway.

1 Like

Mineral water around here means all bottled sorts of carbonated or uncarbonated spring water. I know many people who just drink tap water though, because it has the same quality as spring water. Some do filter the tap water before drinking, but for the taste not the quality.

I use caffeine precautionary. The moment I am tired is already too late.

1 Like

I stopped drinking energy drinks and started making my own with this:

Add it to whatever I want caffeine in. Like you ever noticed that A@W Sugar Free Root Beer has no caffeine? Well, I fix that with a little help from NuCaffeine.
Are you a yuppie and your lemon water isnā€™t cutting it anymore? Well you can fix that with a little help from NuCaffeine.
Are you a redneck and the Coors beer is getting you down lately? Well you can fix that with a little help from NuCaffeine.
Are you a starving student and all you have is tap water? Well you can fix that with a little help from NuCaffeine.
There are many uses for NuCaffeine.

Vitamin B flush - mostly harmless.

San pelligrino carbonated water is delicious as long as itā€™s teeth numbingly cold. Warm it becomes metallic garbage juice.

The lemonata (fizzy lemonade) is about half sugar but is delicious. Also uncommon and pricey.

Im trying to stop being so fat, so ive been trying to stick to the sugar free varieties but something about the sugar free stuff gives me a headache.

I try to refrain from drinking any sort of energy drinks unless im lacking sleep or getting my ass kicked at work and need to break out the super powers.

Monster extra dry, original nos (so much fucking sugar) or the 16oz black rifle coffee (the one with the 300mg caffeine warming) or the camo monsters that taste almost like tab and coke mixed are probably the best as far as non sugarfree.

I canā€™t get the hang of bang, they have some drinkable varietys but none are ā€œtastyā€. I once tried a weird chocolate flavor that is carbonated. it tasted like a rusty can filled with watered down yoohoo and 9 volt batteries.

Ghost is fairly new, sugar free and the sour patch kids flavors are okay.

Venom and rip-its are usually $1, and tasty, have decent kick but are usually only found at middle of nowhere gas stations.

Redballs gives u wings, but is generally more expensive per oz and the taste is nothing special.

Original Rockstar has changed. Not sure exactly how, but it aint right.

A couple Instant tasters original packets doubled up makes for a decent cup of pick me up mud.

On a hot day, hose water is delicious, something about the combination of the chemicals that leech out of the hose itself and the various bugs are the ideal combination for optimal flavor.

Regular sink water that has been ran through a filter pitcher and left to sit long enough to degassify so the chlorine smell is gone is sufficient enough for general drinking purposes.

1 Like

Yes, shillbot, but Coors always letā€™s you down.

I donā€™t drink anything with alcohol in it if i spend more time pissing than being drunk off of it. unless itā€™s a stout, and even that is just to keep my mouth from drying out while refilling my rocks glass.

Pre-emptive edit - shillbot was a joke. First post, taking about product x. Unless you are a bot and canā€™t be offended.

No I am not a bot. Sounds like a shill though doesnā€™t it?

2 Likes

But I am just conflicted. I just finished my True lemon flavored water spiked with NuCaffiene contemplating how I got a red ring around my neck.

I have a question if anyone knows the answer, right now I drink white solimo, I think its monster just amazon branded, its good, I like the taste, and its about as cheap as I can find an energy drink for, however iā€™m wondering if there are any good powered energy drinks? I know of several but they are all at or around the cost of actual canned energy drinks and I know the crap can go cheaper. I believe that ā€˜fat loss drinksā€™ were recommended in the past, they are essentially energy drinks as their goal is to increase heart rate but i never really confirmed this.

anyone happen to know more than me on this that can show me some things to look at?

Got some.of.these after watching a yotube video proclaiming them.to be dangerous, they are not normally over here, an american product, but i found them randomly and had to try it.

I had the watermellon one firstnand it was surprisingly innoffensive, considering previous american representations of ā€œflavourā€. Whether it was external stimuli or mental preconditioning, it did make me shakey a little, takes a lot of traditional caffiene to do this but previously Jolt used to make me over jittery and it felt the same.

Having the cotton candy one as I assumed with a name like that it would just be borderline repulsive but this is curiously tasty. Niw to see if it makes me jittery.

For reference i regularly can have a few monsters a day and probably a coffee too and feel fine.

1 Like