The ebook thread

3 Likes

Any PowerShell ebook deals out there right now?

Manning is running half off all pbook combos

1 Like

Threw some money at them.

1 Like

I thought humble bundle was good, but Manning Publications has been great too. For the price its pretty neat Iā€™m getting printed book, epub, pdf and kindle copies. They then threw in the older editions for free (epub, pdf and kindle).

Nice! Been looking for something like this:

2 Likes

I prefer a physical copy of books

recommend me a book on programming languages, please

Iā€™m not qualified to answer this: Calling:

@SgtAwesomesauce @oO.o @AnotherDev (you changed screen name?) and many others.

What language do you want to learn?

Or are you just getting started on programming?

1 Like

Didnā€™t see it mentioned here. But there is a big library of free(mostly old literature) on https://www.gutenberg.org/

2 Likes

So I recently got my wife a Kobo Libra and Iā€™m looking for ways to transfer some books I have on my Kindle. Iā€™ve been a good boy to Lord Bezos so my library there is quite good. Calibre seems like an good alternative. Does anyone here have any experience with this program?

Itā€™s been a long while since Iā€™ve last set things up, so perhaps things have changed, but for me fucking around with just calibre didnā€™t work. Eventually just went with Epubor as a working option to stop burning my time. Requires(required?) books downloaded with a specific old version of the kindle program.

Again, my setup is hopefully out of date and betters things may have come along.

Yeah the Calibre thing didnā€™t immediately work out. I installed a plug in that was supposed to take care of the DRM Amazon applies. Calibre still didnā€™t cooperate. Iā€™ll do some more research tomorrow

1 Like

DeDRM?

They still donā€™t have it fully working correctly after they had to transition to python 3.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right!