The ebook thread

Im not trying to argue you just dont understand the basics of how a file works. Was trying to help you but I give up.

Programming bundle is up

1 Like

Is e-b-o-o-k.com legit? Has a college book pdf pretty cheap, site gives me the chills, wish I had a virtual CC option via an FCU I already deal with but they don’t offer it, and pre-paid will get here too late.

I found out about privacy.com, and it’s ‘free’ because they get the 3% transaction fee. Reddit seems to confirm, legit. Awesome idea and perfect for situations like this where I don’t want a site to have my CC and address.

1 Like

Setup an account to buy that strangely well-priced book pdf, worked, stoked with privacy.com

3 Likes

Any PowerShell ebook deals out there right now?

Manning is running half off all pbook combos

1 Like

Threw some money at them.

1 Like

I thought humble bundle was good, but Manning Publications has been great too. For the price its pretty neat I’m getting printed book, epub, pdf and kindle copies. They then threw in the older editions for free (epub, pdf and kindle).

Nice! Been looking for something like this:

2 Likes

I prefer a physical copy of books

recommend me a book on programming languages, please

I’m not qualified to answer this: Calling:

@SgtAwesomesauce @oO.o @AnotherDev (you changed screen name?) and many others.

What language do you want to learn?

Or are you just getting started on programming?

1 Like

Didn’t see it mentioned here. But there is a big library of free(mostly old literature) on https://www.gutenberg.org/

2 Likes

So I recently got my wife a Kobo Libra and I’m looking for ways to transfer some books I have on my Kindle. I’ve been a good boy to Lord Bezos so my library there is quite good. Calibre seems like an good alternative. Does anyone here have any experience with this program?

It’s been a long while since I’ve last set things up, so perhaps things have changed, but for me fucking around with just calibre didn’t work. Eventually just went with Epubor as a working option to stop burning my time. Requires(required?) books downloaded with a specific old version of the kindle program.

Again, my setup is hopefully out of date and betters things may have come along.

Yeah the Calibre thing didn’t immediately work out. I installed a plug in that was supposed to take care of the DRM Amazon applies. Calibre still didn’t cooperate. I’ll do some more research tomorrow

1 Like

DeDRM?

They still don’t have it fully working correctly after they had to transition to python 3.

1 Like