The Best Retro Games That Are Still Worth Playing | WASD 0018 | Tek Syndicate

My best unconventional weapon is unfortunately a gun, but a gun like no other because it doesn't kill people... This gun opens portals, yes I'm speaking about Aperture Science's stuff :

Two that come to mind.

The wabbajack

a mysterious staff that casts random spells ranging in effect from the complete disintegration to the transformation or empowerment of the target. These abilities are able to completely alter the course of battle in one of any number of ways.

Fallout Mesmetron

Still in its testing phase, the weapon was found to have the potential to trigger two undesirable side-effects: extremely increased aggression, or spontaneous cranial eruption.

1 Like

Cat Silencer in Postal 2. You put a cat's bum on the end of your gun and go pew pew. Also where are my threats, I need some threats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehb-gbuo0Zs

@Logan

WASD needs Pistol, period.

No one knows who these two guys are, and I think it's going to be hard to to get people to care who they are when one of them is marginally more interesting than a folded towel. Like a black deftones folded towel. Sorry for being so blunt.

The absolute best episodes of WASD were with Pistol and Spankk. They had great chemistry and they were both likable and interesting. The bigger guy (sorry, don't know his name, no idea who these people are) is ok, and at least appears comfortable on camera, but the guy in the middle with his arms crossed the whole time is very folded towely.

I do have resentment towards @Pistol, and I'm sure many members of the community do as well, but I always liked her and found her intelligent and interesting. I personally think she has a great personality, and honestly the camera absolutely loves her.

If you're concerned about the community, and viewers jumping ship when they see Pistol on the screen again, it's already happened. There has been quite the exodus.

Having said that, there are going to be people that remain viewers. Maybe you could consider them the die hards, idk. But I'd like to continue watching your content, because I've watched Tek Syndicate for a few years now and have grown to care about all of the old guard. I know it's a weird thing that happens with actors, musicians, people like that, but the consumers of artistic content grow to genuinely care about the people they watch on TV or youtube, and I've grown to genuinely care about you Logan, as well as Pistol, Wendell, and Qain.

I want to see Pistol on the show, damnit. I know who she is, and I still like her and don't wish her any ill will, in spite of my resentment for her comments on Wendell and the situation with money. I don't know these two guys, and I don't care what they have to say about video games. To me, WASD is Pistol's show, and she is an excellent person for the show, because she has extensive knowledge and experience with video games. Maybe these guys do too, but like I said. Don't know them, and one of them is terrible on camera.

Also, I'm sure you don't intend it, but it's sexist to never have a woman on the show. You've been trying to bring in new personalities for quite a while now, and there's been at least 4 that I've seen. Every one of them a man. If Pistol simply doesn't want to be on any shows, that's totally fine and she shouldn't be forced to. If that's the case, please let me know, but the next time you look for a new personality for the show, maybe you should consider a woman. It shouldn't be nothing but guys in tech culture and gaming culture, and women should be represented in media within these cultures.

As far as the content, and no more episodes of the tek, you know what? That's totally fine, and that's exactly what you should be doing. If you don't want to continue the tek, don't! You simply don't have to, and you shouldn't feel like you have to. I think you should take your content in the direction you want to, and I realize that I've heard you say quite a few times, over quite a long period of time, how you wanted to do more entertainment type things with the show.

You know what one of my personal favorite videos was? The dead graphics card video where you tried to microwave a dead GPU to bring it back to life, and Pistol had to pick up your slack and brought it back the real way; with magic.

That was awesome, and if that's the kind of stuff you want to do, then I think that's a great idea.

This, this is great.

This was back in May of 2014, so to me, this clearly shows you've been wanting to do different things with Tek Syndicate for a long time. I think if anyone wanted to claim that what you wanted to do, as far as taking content in a new direction, is a new and sudden development, they're completely wrong.

I think you should look at what has happened with Tek Syndicate as both a failure, and an opportunity, and you absolutely should make the content you want to make. Just make sure it's done well, like the dead GPU vid.

I forgot to mention, but one last thing.

When you bring in someone new, introduce them. Tell people who they are in their first few videos. Maybe I've missed it, but I've just seen new guy, new guy, new guy, new guy. Ok, who the hell are these people?

Big changes are in store and we can't really get to them all until the drama is settled.

As for Pistol... I would like to have her on the show too but she doesn't really want to be on camera much. I think messaging her would be best. Tell her what you think.

We do plan to do more zany skits like that too.

Also, you are right. We forgot to introduce them... We will do it.

2 Likes

Justin on left (I believe he was introduced in the description on the Gears of War video) and if you read this thread, you'd know it's @Nataus in center.

Seriously? They are being 'sexist' because they haven't happend to find a female employee who wants to be front and center in videos?

I believe this has been mentioned or eluded to on multiple ocassions. If she wanted to be in videos I'm sure she'd be in them.

Hear me out.

I've been watching Tek Syndicate since the summer of 2013, on a weekly basis. I've also watched all episodes of The Tek, and other older videos that were made before I started watching.

Tek Syndicate has been (to the best of my memory):

Men:
Logan
Wendell
Qain
Spankk
Jimmy
Agent Beard
Fat new guy that burped a lot
skinny new guy with bad microphone (this isn't an unshaven agent beard is it?)
Justin
Nate

Women:
Pistol
.... I think Jenny did like one video ?????

I go to college for Cyber Security and Networking, and the division has a new Digital Forensics option as well, and there are of course Programming degrees. There are of course all of the classes for these degrees, and there are also clubs like Cyber Security club, and Gaming club.

There are many many women in my school. These are women that are part of gaming culture, and also part of the wider tech culture of Infosec, development, networking, systems administration, etc.

The demographics ratio that I see in school isn't reflective in the demographics ratio that I see on Tek Syndicate, or other tech related media. Women are abundant in the cultures, but are underrepresented in media of the culture.

While there are more men than women in the IT related divisions in my school, it's nothing like a 10:1 ratio, like you see above. It's probably something like 6:4.

I'm just saying women are under represented, and Logan should consider women for new personalities as well. I'm not saying holy fuck Logan and Tek Syndicate are sexist pigs.

I love Justin's presentation-style, and Nate will no doubt grow into the role, too.

I'm enjoying the new team-members Logan.

1 Like

Thanks for the support.

I mentioned in previous comments that I was a bit nervous and the current set it cramped. Also, there was no alcohol involved which was kind of a WASD thing. Next time things will be much more relaxed. Try and understand it's a bit awkward when you're sitting in the middle of two people having a conversation. I'm sure a different setting will be better. Maybe a couch and chair type set. More relaxed and fun.

1 Like

No Worries Nate :)

so this is probably landmine territory, but i'm going to try to be as neutral as possible.

you may know several women and girls who are into tech, but i don't think it's that unreasonable to expect it to be a bit of a logistical nightmare to actually find a woman/girl who's A. into tech B. into tech in a meaningful way [such as a job or a dedicated hobbyist] and is knowledgeable/is interesting to listen to when it comes to games C. is comfortable going on camera and D. is in the area where ever the Tek is this month.

if women/girls like this were available as readily as males are, i'd say why not have two women on the show? three, four, five, an ENTIRE PANEL even? that would be awesome and inclusive and nobody would mind at all. the trick is availability. if they just found some booth babe type lady and just stuck her in there to giggle and look pretty, would you be more or less happy with the situation? i don't think anybody wants fluff at the minute, we want proper content. in fact, proper content is why there's been drama to begin with.

tl;dr: TS is having issues finding their arses with both hands atm. there'll be opportunities for female involvement soon.

1 Like

You're talking about the "demographics" of a group of less than 10 people. If they didn't have even one woman they wouldn't be required to hire one just to fulfil your delusional sexism quota.