The Best Retro Games That Are Still Worth Playing | WASD 0018 | Tek Syndicate

That is not a bad suggestion. I think the new guys are doing better than most... I mean they are way better than I was my first time on camera. It was a mess behind the scenes... I needed fewer takes over time. Anyway, I'm sure things will get more natural. We'll have some beer next time too.

2 Likes

postal 2 and saints row 4 are two of thegames i keep going back to most when i think of it.

other than playing old games (nes, snes, arcade, megadrive, ps1, n64 etc) with emulators and gamepad on my mini laptop in bed....currently ninja turtles arcade. I love brawlers. Love that one. And King of fighters...though more fun on a true arcade controller (my friend has built a pc into an arcade enclosure....it's epic). I love playing broforce too when i don't want to think too much.

Yeah I am glad to see the return of WASD. I would like to see Pistol in the mix . She is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to gaming.

As for suggestions for ridiculous weapons:

1 Like

In your post it says, "Here is out longer list". You might want to correct this @Logan.

Now as for the the best unconventional weapon in a game I assume it will come from a Dead Rising game or a Saints Row game. I don't know those games well enough despite owning all of them as I have not played some of them much or at all.

I already did.. hours ago..

Still says out for me

Look under the next line. I put it in the wrong place.

@Eden I was just saying it says "out longer list " and not "our longer list". Think thats what @DeViLzzz was commenting about too I think.

My favorite retro game is the original Red Faction it was the only game I could play as a kid, well really the only PC game I owned as a kid.

2 Likes

That game was insane. I remember using the rocket launcher to blow a cavern into the walls. One of the first games i played with terraforming.

2 Likes

Red faction blew my mind as a kid. I played it on the PS2 and wanted all games to allow me to do what you can go in that game. It was like half-life to me (which I only got to play at my dads friends house one time we were visiting) but with the ability to blow up almost anything.

I still play it, on pc now, from time to time and still have that same feeling as I did when I was younger.

3 Likes

No Worries Nate :)

1 Like

Really enjoyed the handheld explosives, just the reaction from the guards, I tend to use the game as a benchmark for any FPS I play

1 Like

Ah cool. I thought it was the actual list, which wasnt there when posted xD

The weirdest weapon I can think of right now is the Mollusk Launcher from Saints Row The Third. It launches octopi at people that takes over their mind for a little while. If you hit a random person with it they just dance around and act stupid, but it actually charms enemies.

1 Like

dafuq did I just watch? lol (injector video)

So since the original post had Super Metroid listed twice that means you need to play it twice as badly

first wendell now WASD without pistol you guys are losing me fast i used to check the site every day after work

1 Like

Videos have never been the real draw of the site/forums. There is cool stuff being talked about and worked on here all the time, with a reminder that videos are up on youtube.

Mind you the comments here on videos are way better than on youtube.

Timesplitters is easily one of my favourite games. The variety of game types and the amount of fun you can have is insane. I still play this when me and my friends get together.

There was a group of people trying to remake it in Source. They weren't from Crytek, but they had been given their blessing.

1 Like