The Beer Garden: What do you drink, and why?

Got this as a very late birthday present because it’s my last name. Sort of. It should be MacKenzie, but the government fucked up the paperwork when my great grandpa immigrated to the US.

I was a little skeptical because I don’t know what “wheated bourbon” is, but it’s soooo good. Very good flavor and suuuuper smooth.

1 Like

Got bottles of Franziskaner and Erdinger afterwards :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Had a round of beer roulette tonight thanks to my partner buying random bottles at the Polonez (I do this too so it was not some cruel punishment). For the most part I have absolutely no idea what I was drinking.

PRL? Tasted somewhere between a wheatbeer and a larger. Not bad but would not buy again for myself.

Vilkmerges Vysniu Kirek (my phone apparently does not have any of these letters…) Some sort of sweet eh beer? It takes a lot for me to flat out refuse to finish a beer but this was destined for the drain. What ever it is, cherry or something?, it was pretty horrible. A red liquid and a peachy coloured head.

And saved a known good for last, this had words I recognise on it.

Svyturs Baltas White hefeweizen, tasty smooth wheat beer.

PRL was the acronym for Poland during the Soviet occupation, the full name being Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa. I guess it’s trying to be retro.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for that. I don’t speak any polish.

I can confidently recommend that EVERYONE avoid BIGG Light from Lidl.

Worst beer I’ve ever had, worse than Natural Ice, Icehouse Edge, or even Steel Reserve. Not just in taste, but the hangover is disproportionate to how drunk it gets you.

1 Like

Hmmm, they put the clue in the name…

Have Less beer, not Light beer

(or real beer, less often)

It’s not even about that.

The flavor his horrible, and the hangover is ridiculous.

6, 12oz BIGG Lights gave me a worse hangover than TWO Icehouse Edge forties. Which makes no sense because the Icehouse is stronger in alcohol content.

And again, the taste is the worst ever. Tastes like it has liquid smoke in it.

Well, at least you stuck with it, and finished them rather than waste alcohol; Taking one for the team, letting us profit from your loss…

1 Like

I paid for it, I’mma drink it.

Only beer I’ve ever bought and thrown out was Steel Reserve. Because holy shit is that stuff disgusting tasting.

1 Like

1h30m left before all pubs close for 2 weeks, last chance blue moon on tap.

Psh you can get a home tap setup

Thought I’d try something new. Lots of flavor. I still think the Kirkland Premium Small Batch is the best though.

This one was pretty good. I still think I prefer something like Chimay but this is also 11.8% so it could be a one-and-done kinda thing.

1 Like

Homebrew. It’s hit and miss, but it’s strong, cheap, and whilst making it is a bit arduous, it’s so much more rewarding when you hit gold

It’s a pale ale. Quite an average one at that

1 Like

Czech Pivo. One of the best beer available.

Drinking a Roselle a Hibiscus Sour From Fair State Co-Op

I live in great white north does smoke count?

This one turned out well:

I drank it on 07.05.20 because I had to drive a lot on the 4th. Was very good.

This was interesting so I figured what the hell.

Grapefruit beer.