The AMDGPU Info/News Thread

Thats not what I meant. I meant if it affects all drivers using the Mesa driver (including amdgpu) or if it was limited to the radeon driver. The reason why I ask is that nowhere on the git page did it mention amdgpu but always radeon. I guess Ill just play borderlands 2 to find out

Should affect both. This wasn't the only commit for it.

1 Like

As a gnome user it sucked ass buying an AMD card. But I made it through and Ubuntu gnome 16.10 works fine. Two of my linux games no longer work....That's an adjustment.

That's more at the fault of Ubuntu than GNOME. There's zero issues on pretty much any distro that ships it right.

What two games?

Shadow of Mordor...seems its nvidia only...work fine on my old GTX670 :(. Massive graphic corruption now

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition...same worked fine on my old card. Crashes on launch now

I should have been a pussy and got a 1060 but I tried

What kind of corruption? Missing bodies?

It missing like half the textires and doesnt draw them and the main guy at the end of the benchmark is just a head and sword on his back and nothing else.

And on linux it like 30 FPS on Windows 80-90 FPS

Shadow of Mordow requires OpenGL 4.3 if I remember right. You only have OpenGL 4.1

You can check running this

glxinfo | grep version

To get the best out of your card (inducing OpenGL 4.3 (4.5 coming soon)) you should have the following: Linux 4.8+, the latest mesa (12.0.3 i think), or mesa 13 if you can, LLVM 3.9 (required for OpenGL 4.3)

Got them, you got OpenGL 4.3 and subsequently, Shadow of Mordor.

Divinity... probably isnt your graphics card making it crash. In fact I just had a look, its bad programming on their part, they've known about it for months

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=588262#Post588262
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580880&#Post580880
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95215

@Eden Too damn fast :( ... was about to say the same.

@Marten given that you have at least LLVM 3.9 and OGL 4.3. Run it with this command (in launcher settings on steam) if you still have issues:

force_glsl_extensions_warn=true MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays %command%
2 Likes

Correct openGl 4.1 :(

glxinfo | grep version
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
Max core profile version: 4.1
Max compat profile version: 3.0
Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.0
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 12.0.3
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.10
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 12.0.3
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00

Upgrading LLVM should be enough to enable 4.3

I thought the SOM bug was Nvidia specific ?

Until the beta update is out you can put this in the Steam game launch options command line for nvidia ( not sure about AMD ) and it puts the textures back:

_GLShaderPortabilityWarnings=0 %command%

Well holy balls that works but the performance it still terrible average frame rate 39fps from windows at 80-90/ But thanks, much respect :)

SoM works fine with the AMDGPU-PRO driver btw...You can try that as well to see if it improves performance. Although you will need to edit the install script for the 16.10 for the driver to install correctly. Or wait for an updated driver.

Im tempted to try the Pro drivers but Im so over reinstalling my OS

XDDDD You shouldn't have to reinstall!

You can always uninstall the PRO driver from terminal mode to go back to the open stack if you have any issue without reinstalling the OS. But yeah no need to risk more trouble for now if you are fed up...The driver will update eventually and improve performance on the game.

Ubuntu gnome 16.10 worked out of the box...

I might mess with it but hate OS reloads

Yeah theres no need to reinstall or use extension hacks. Just install LLVM 3.9

1 Like

It has Kernel 4.8. If you're going to use ubuntu you need to use 16.10.